Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

the nursing home I reported for abuse.They didnt find anything.I dont get it.There were other witnesses.Makes me mad and sad.I pray for the other residents.I contacted the state alderman,medicaid and adult protective services.At least I do know my complaints are on their record so if something comes up they will see that and then maybe do something.

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (31-35):
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

That is so wrong! They told me they would do a surprise visit.But they also asked the dr,nursing home and hospital for all the papers on my Mom for the last 10 months.I am sure then they knew.I called the obudsman for fl,adult protective services and medicare.Makes me so mad.Makes me scared for residents of nursing homes.Makes me sad and makes me worried.

acrogodess
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Quoting LindaClement:

They probably knew the investigators were coming.

Agreed

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:03 AM

this exactly....im sorry they didnt find anything...its very ubfortunate that people abuse deffensless people..

Quoting LindaClement:

LindaClement
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Sadly, the employees and inspectors all work in the same pocket --so they get to know each other and learn to regard each other with loyalty.

Not a great system.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

this exactly....im sorry they didnt find anything...its very ubfortunate that people abuse deffensless people..

Quoting LindaClement:

SisterPeach
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

The nursing home situation is horrible. And with your moms condition, all you are going through, plus your kids, there is no way you could've cared for her at home. . . but we treat our elderly like animals in this country and it makes me sick. 

I would, if at all feasible, take my mother in before I'd send her to a nursing home. And I don't care for her at all. (please don't take that the wrong way. You did all you could for your mom) It's just a horrible, horrible, horrible system, that shows no honor to the people that raised us.

I try so hard to be loving and respectful and patient with any elderly person I come in contact with, because some day I'm not going to be able to remember what I want to eat, or it will take me two hours to finish a small plate of food....and I want someone to be kind to me then, KWIM?

Quoting momofsixangels:

That is so wrong! They told me they would do a surprise visit.But they also asked the dr,nursing home and hospital for all the papers on my Mom for the last 10 months.I am sure then they knew.I called the obudsman for fl,adult protective services and medicare.Makes me so mad.Makes me scared for residents of nursing homes.Makes me sad and makes me worried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)