Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

SO: NY to Ban Oversize Soda

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:04 AM
  • 31 Replies

It seems to be consensus that it's a silly waste of resources to bother to ban large serving sizes of soda/pop/flavoured carbonated sugar water...

I wondered: do you drink it? Do you buy giant sizes? Or does this really not affect you at all? (apart from most of us not being anywhere near NY, I mean!)

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I don't drink it, so I just don't care what size people buy it in...

But I have this sneaking suspicion that 1/2 quart bottles will be banned... while the giant 'family size' bottles will be allowed to be sold, which means anyone who wants more than some teeny can is going to buy the huge bottle, and drink even more!

Kainalu55
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:08 AM

i do if it's the same price!  Mcdonalds here in Hawaii stopped selling their extra large size.  I used to get it when all sodas were $1 regardless of the size, but i didn't always finish it!

Kainalu55
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM

i think that if there's no big sizes people will just buy more! you can't stop people from drinking what they want

LindaClement
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I am stunned that the mayor doesn't know how obvious this is.

Quoting Kainalu55:

i think that if there's no big sizes people will just buy more! you can't stop people from drinking what they want

LindaClement
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM

When the kids were little, and the rare visit to McD's or whatever, we'd buy one very large pop for everyone to share... Can't do that anymore.

Quoting Kainalu55:

i do if it's the same price!  Mcdonalds here in Hawaii stopped selling their extra large size.  I used to get it when all sodas were $1 regardless of the size, but i didn't always finish it!

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was thinking. I buy the small sizes and get free refills to save. And at fast food places my kids get a cup to share

Quoting LindaClement:

I am stunned that the mayor doesn't know how obvious this is.

Quoting Kainalu55:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:10 AM

I do drink it when I want to.  When I do I get the biggest size available.  First  because it is the best value, second because I am usually sharing it, three because I only ave a few a week and finally because I want too.

As for NY gov and anyone else banning it they need to worry about important things like employment, healthcare, education and crime and keep their noses out of my dinner plate AND my drink cup. 

LindaClement
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Yup!

My initial reaction was 'with a murder rate that high?'

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

I do drink it when I want to.  When I do I get the biggest size available.  First  because it is the best value, second because I am usually sharing it, three because I only ave a few a week and finally because I want too.

As for NY gov and anyone else banning it they need to worry about important things like employment, healthcare, education and crime and keep their noses out of my dinner plate AND my drink cup. 

aneela
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

i rarely drink soda...and i think ppl need to make better choices cause they WANT to not cuz of a law

aneela
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM

exactly...those who drink it..will keep buying no matter what

Quoting Kainalu55:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)