Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

I swear... my 8 month old ... HATES ME!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

I don't get it. I feel as though my 8 month old hates me and only loves his father. Every time my husband comes home from work my son lights up like a christmas tree. He's so full of smiles and giggles and laughs. I love my son, I play with him, I shed as much attention as I can on him. There are times where I swear he's giving me that "I HATE YOU" look or he just cries and cries, like today. He and I were having a perfectly wonderful time. I gave him his baba to take a nap, he fell asleep, walked him to his crib and laid him down, BAM eyes wide open and he proceeded to scream and cry from 11:45am until 1:45 pm. No matter what I did he screamed and cried and kept "saying" dada.  I feel like I have no connection with him. I feel as though I've done something wrong. My husband says it could just be a phase or the fact that I haven't taken my anti-anxiety meds in a week. But I swear I noticed it before then. And today I couldn't stop crying either after about an hour of my son going at it. I don't know... I just don't know what to do.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM

breathe momma  are you a SAHM? My DD did this but she would cry for bubba (my DS) and when he would come in the room she would light up, he cross the threshold and she would cry again come back in the room she would light up like he had been gone for days so it isn't an "I hate you" it is a "I see you all day" 

ILOVELUCY7280
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM
No i'm not a complete stay at home mom. I work 15 hours a week. But i guess u could say for the most part i am since its only 15 hrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

It will be ok.Soon all he will want is his mommy.Dont let it stress you.Babies can feel stress.Hugs!!!!

SisterPeach
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

oh, mama. That sounds so difficult! Maybe check with your doctor, just in case your husband's right.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:36 AM

I think it's the fact that he sees you more than he does Dada and he is just having Dada withdrawals when he isn't there.  Maybe you could record your DH's voice and when your little man gets fussy you could play Dada and see if that helps calm him down.  Good luck!!!

Shelley927
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I dont think he hates I think like your hubby said it is a phase........

ILOVELUCY7280
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Thank you all. My ANGEL is back today. I wAlked into his room this a.m. and he beamed with a smile from ear to ear and has been for almost the whole day. Hugs to you all for "listening" i appreciate it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM

My dd was like that with me until she was about 2. It was all about daddy and grandma. I was just for food and maybe an occasional nap. Now she is 9 and she is up my butt all the time LOL

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM

thats good to hear!!!!

Quoting ILOVELUCY7280:

Thank you all. My ANGEL is back today. I wAlked into his room this a.m. and he beamed with a smile from ear to ear and has been for almost the whole day. Hugs to you all for "listening" i appreciate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)