Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

This week is.....

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 19 Replies

National unassisted Home birth week.Has anyone had a homebirth?I never have.I wanted the drugs.lol.Plus I like the idea of being in the hospital if something goes wrong.When hannah was born she stopped breathing twice.

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I don't know I could ever do a home birth especially unassisted. Coral is as close as I will come to doing that. We got to the hospital at 3:15 am 12/26/2005 I had her at 4:51 am 12/26/2005 they said "I wasn't ready to have her" no matter what I told them and "they would be back in the room in a while" and the next thing I knew a big contraction hit and there was Coral on the bed. just Shawn, my mom, my sister and me in the room. I am glad they didn't take apart the bed who knows what would have happened

janessa27
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I never have and don't know of anyone that has. I don't think that would be an option we would have ever chose. Plus I had to have csections with both my boys.

SisterPeach
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Did you sue?

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

I don't know I could ever do a home birth especially unassisted. Coral is as close as I will come to doing that. We got to the hospital at 3:15 am 12/26/2005 I had her at 4:51 am 12/26/2005 they said "I wasn't ready to have her" no matter what I told them and "they would be back in the room in a while" and the next thing I knew a big contraction hit and there was Coral on the bed. just Shawn, my mom, my sister and me in the room. I am glad they didn't take apart the bed who knows what would have happened

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM
No I did not. They screwed up when I was in labor with Stephan also they had forgot to give me my antibiotic while in labor so he had to stay for observation both my ob and stephans pediatrician filed a complaint.

Quoting SisterPeach:

Did you sue?

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SisterPeach
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I had a nurse try to tell me there was no way in hell I was ready to go, either, I wound up literally screaming at her to get my doctor. When she FINALLY complied, the doc came in and was like, Oh, crap, DON'T PUSH -GET ME A CART- STOP PUSHING!!!! I wasn't pushing.  It's not like you can stop the contractions.

I really don't like L&D nurses. They think they know everything. 

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

No I did not. They screwed up when I was in labor with Stephan also they had forgot to give me my antibiotic while in labor so he had to stay for observation both my ob and stephans pediatrician filed a complaint.

Quoting SisterPeach:

Did you sue?

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM

yeah I know sad thing is (at that time) is if i delivered at any other hospital and the same things happened (or worse) I would have to stay at that hospital while in recovery while my babies would have went to the hospital I did deliver at. so I cut out the middle man and delivered where my babies would be if something went wrong.

Quoting SisterPeach:

I had a nurse try to tell me there was no way in hell I was ready to go, either, I wound up literally screaming at her to get my doctor. When she FINALLY complied, the doc came in and was like, Oh, crap, DON'T PUSH -GET ME A CART- STOP PUSHING!!!! I wasn't pushing.  It's not like you can stop the contractions.

I really don't like L&D nurses. They think they know everything. 

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

Quoting SisterPeach:

Did you sue?

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM
no never loved the hospital with both my boys.
kerryket
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I went natural, but not at home.

starreyedcutie
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM
No not at home ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
signingmama2915
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I couldn't ever do it. But my SIL did with her 1st baby, shes prego with her 2nd due on the 27th but said she didn't feel like a home birth with this one so shes going to a local birthing center. She doesn't do hospitals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)