Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

How many people were in the room when you gave birth?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 22 Replies

I'm talking on facebook right now...with someone whose friend or mom or something is giving her a hard time about not wanting extra people in the room while she's giving birth. 

Um, I didn't even really want my husband in there. He was, but he stayed at the top of the bed with me, so he didn't pass out...lol.

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happy2bmom25
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

for my first birth there was my dh and 2 midwives. my second birth was in a hospital filled with at least 6 people that i didn't know.

the next birth was twins, so there were 4 midwives, our babysitter, dh and our 2 sons.

the next birth was 2 midwives, dh, my mom and our 4 kids. the kids came and went, but mostly stayed away...or slept!

sreichelt26
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM

My husband and my mom were the ones I wanted there, so they were. My little sister (14 at the time) wanted to be there, so I let her too. Then a nurse and the midwife was in and out.

I didn't want anyone else and even asked that no unneccesary medical staff come in either.

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The first time just  my bf,the second time was my dh and best friend,the third was my dh and 2 friends from church,the last three were just my dh

StephanAndCoral
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM

With Stephan it was My dr, an intern, nurses, me (lol), my sister, Grandma, mom, and soon to be Aunt. I wish Shawn was there :( With Coral it was Shawn, Me (lol), my sister and mom. after she was born there was a dr and nurse. my dr was out of town and his on call did not make it.

signingmama2915
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Both times just hospital personnel and dh. First time I might as well have let my MIL and grandmother in since they were at the door ears pressed tightly listening to the whole frickin time. The 2nd time no one except dh was even allowed to set foot in the hospital until the day after.

slw123
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Just my husband, nurse and doctor.

Rushn311
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

My hubby was in there, a doctor and nurse...that was with my daughter. With my son, my hubby, doctor and a couple nurses were in there.

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

only my husband both times.

starreyedcutie
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Just my husband and the doctors and nurses all three times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

My DH and the doula and doctor and couple of nurses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)