Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Volunteering

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 25 Replies

Do you volunteer, and if so how do you choose where to do so?

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
copperswifey
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do. I do a lot through my church. I also used to help kids with disabilities ride horses. I loved it. I wish I could find something like that around here and I would do it again in a heartbeat :)

slw123
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I do.  I usually pick things that mean something to me.  I volunteer regularly at my children's school and periodically with Habitat for Humanity and United Way.

SamiJ18
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I volunteer at our local science museum in the exhibits. I also volunteer with a science education program that reaches out to local failing and underprivelaged schools. I volunteer at my own college doing things to improve the campus. I also voluntarily conduct undergraduate research for the professors at my college.

Science education is VERY important to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happybaby503
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I volunteer whenever I get a chance. How can you understand your community if you are not involved in it. I never really have issues choosing a specific one I just help wherever it is needed. My husband and I also run a non profit that builds schools in third world countries. Check it out!!

http://buildingforchange.org

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I volunteer at our local animal shelter.  My kids and I love going and helping with what needs to be done.

mrswillie
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I am President of PFLAG Winchester, a non-profit organzation.  PFLAG has more then 350 chapters, country wide.  They asked me to become Pres. after I joined, when my then 14yo son told me he was gay.

Roo1234
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I used to volunteer a lot. One of my volunteer jobs led to a full time job with a non-profit organization. I still do some volunteer work, but not as much. It probably averages out to about 8 hours a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM

We mostly do through the church.  I also volunteer at the schools. 

gmadiane
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I havent in a while

goddess99
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I've been in a PTO for 6 years so far and volunteered all throughout, President for 3 years so in the school system I'm a volunteer guru lol. I have thought about volunteering beyond just that but I'm extra soft when it comes to animals and little kids so an animal shelter or homeless shelter might kill me. So I'm not really sure what else I can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)