Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

I am back from Haiti!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

I posted about my impending trip to Haiti a few weeks ago, and some people said they would like to see pictures when I got back. So...here they are! The ones with the kids are from an orphanage...

I have literally hundreds more, if anyone would like to see them they can be my friend on facebook where I have them all posted. Just search Bonnie Joseph.

This is our family's missionary housing. My father-in-law built it all with his own money. There is a restaurant, a bakery, a gym, basketball court, and it houses up to 15, and is literally on the beach.  http://www.haitimissionaryretreat.com/

Graduation celebration. They were all singing and running...one of the coolest things I have ever seen, and completely spontaneous.

5 Classes, 3 teachers, 30 kids.

This may be my favorite picture of all time. My husband calls these girls my "fan club". They had never been this close to a white person before, and found it very exciting. They all stroked and pulled my hair and rubbed my skin. I got lots of kisses, too. These girls are awesome, I will never forget them.

We went to the front of each class so we could explain why we were there, and to encourage them. We got to see alot of what they need, and boy will they be surprised when we show up next time with new beds for all of them!

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Looks like an amazing experience!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maille138
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Thank you for posting

These pics took me back when i was a little girl

countrygirlkat
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Looks amazing!

momof3josephs
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Are you Haitian?

Quoting maille138:

Thank you for posting

These pics took me back when i was a little girl

slw123
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Wow!  What an experience!

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

It looks beautiful.I bet they loved and appreciated you being there.Good for you for doing this!

SisterPeach
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Wow, that's so, so, so cool!

Bob192
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM

What a neat experience.  Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

How awesome!  Great pics too :)

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM

That's lovely. I will have to show my SO he is Haitian and talks about Haiti all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)