Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Warning very disturbing pics** Stolen from another group...need all the signatures we can get to stop this!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Here is the original post: http://www.cafemom.com/group/761/forums/read/16913976/My_freinds_and_I_need_your_help_Please_EDIT_pics_added_Some_offensive?highlight=195812051&ct=beta_topnav_dropdown_myquotes#post195812051

There is a page on Facebook that has very sick and offensive Jokes about Religion, molestation, rape, politics concerning 9/11 and much more! This page needs to be taken down! I have a personal freinds who nephew was personally attacked on there and Facebook said they wont remove it they see nothing offensive about it and it dont break their rules! I saw a few that had made me physically sick! Please help sign this petition! Please!

Thank you!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/427/769/095/remove-seriously-sick-jokes-from-facebook/

If you think this is not real? Got a Facebook profile? Look for yourself!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=388022574585469&set=a.235357869851941.67544.234897473231314&type=1&theater

Please if this offends you then please help us put a stop to jokes like these! We need signers and we are at 728 ( last checked) The page ALOT more these are just a few. Free speech or not this is just very wrong and offensive! Please, you can sign unknown!

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
janessa27
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I am sorry- I know these pictures are awful and they had my eyes filling with tears....but they outraged me more. That some sick people would put an actual site up like this on something I am part of (facebook) is just disturbing. I signed the petition and posted about it on my facebook page. You do not have to be on facebook to sign this. Please sign the petition and pass it on....every signature makes a difference.

gmadiane
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM

ok

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

So sad.

SisterPeach
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I'm sorry, I'm absolutely not going to sign a petition to infringe on someone's freedom of speech. 

I like my assholes right where they belong. OUT in the open, fully identified. 

taniamorse85
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I don't think I've ever felt happier to sign a petition.   After the photos in the original post, I just couldn't follow the link to the FB page.  I cannot understand how something so horrible could not be in violation of FB's rules.  Clearly, FB has their priorities warped.

I also shared the petition to my FB page, and I hope my FB friends will sign as well.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM
omg how could someone...that is just wrong...
bensgal4
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

This is why I don't have a facebook page...No one in my family has one.  When my daughter comes of age then she can make that decision herself.

kejgie
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Obviously a statement is being made.  A person isn't saying this is a movement, of course, it's more of one crying out that we aren't in charge of our own lives, and even if you did read this it's not to get an agreement or not agree.  It's stupid, or it's not, to insult or not, to read it or not to read it.

It's not going to change me and the ways We or I or you think towards the right thoughts.

We aren't here to judge a person, it's after all called free speech.  IT's not a right as much as a explitative exploitation.

Sometimes it's a good thing, ... for example it's now an awareness that all of us on this earth at one time or another are in need of food, clothes, or care. (shelter, and jobs, and education)

Not all children are so easily taken care of since different needs require assorted care techniques and apparatus'.  This doesn't make these comments of the poster on the page right, and it's probably just sarcasm.  I'd take it lightly as it's an out of the air sarcasm comment and another person got the idea and added pics to make it; ":"LOOK WORSE".''.

kejgie
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM

By the way i've seen this set of pics once before and it's sort of like that isn't a comment worthy pic, but surely it's better to just believe in making the whole world kinder and gentler (sorry! type of patriotic approach, ) it's really a good change in people that do try to just go with the right thing to do and not waste times worrying on what they can't do.

Perhaps this wasn't totally thought of in a bad light, but it's to make us aware that facebook likes are getting more attention than when we could be giving to real life issues in our country other countries, lands with worse poverty, people without shade, or water, or housing, or food.  WE ALL CAN DO BETTER> 
THERE I SAID WHAT I BELIEVE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)