Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Do you think you could do what this woman did to catch a would-be child rapist?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

Brave Mom Helps Capture 9-Year-Old Daughter's Would-Be Rapist

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans on July 17, 2012 

jailIt's a story so sick and twisted, it's difficult to even comprehend, but fortunately it didn't end as badly as it could have. Ryan Firoved of Kirkland, Washington, is a registered sex offender, who had arranged to meet and rape his girlfriend's 9-year-old daughter. Thankfully, the brave mother was able to work with police to thwart his attempts, but the actions of this man and what could have happened to this girl are horrifying.

According to the Kirkland Reporter, Firoved, who is also married, told his girlfriend that he wanted to have sex with her daughter. He was blatant about his previous exploits, and according to police documents, he told her, “I guess you could say I am a pedophile, but at least I am not a predator. People come to me and I make it consensual."

Instead of just running and protecting her own daughter, the woman (who hasn't been identified to protect her daughter) went to police and worked with them to take the sicko down. But it wasn't easy.

She reportedly "played along," making him think that she would be willing to offer her daughter up as well. How disgusting and frightening that felt, I can't imagine. Police recorded a phone call she had with him in which she asked him if he wanted her to be there during the meeting. He said yes, and then explicitly told her what he'd like to do to the girl. After the conversation, he sent her a text that said he was "so turned on." 

When the appointed time came, Fivored went to the hotel where the encounter was supposed to occur, and police were waiting for him. Of course, he denied the real reason he was there, saying instead that it was just a fantasy. He told them, "It is made up, sick, and a fantasy, but at the end of the day I never touched anyone."

Sick is a ridiculously gross understatement.

He's currently being held on $300,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 19. Hopefully with his prior record (he was convicted in 1999 of child rape) as well as the evidence this brave woman helped police gather,  he'll be locked away and never see the light of day or be able to harm another child again.

Do you think you could do what this woman did to catch a would-be child rapist?

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Audreesmommy757
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM

i would have done the same to put hiim in jail

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure I could have held my anger in long enough to do this

gmadiane
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i would have done the same to put hiim in jail

SisterPeach
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM

No, I couldn't have. not even a little bit.

janessa27
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM

That was a very smart thing the lady did to catch him and prevent this from happening to other children....but I could not have done it. That makes me sick- and I would have probably wanted to take matters into my own hands somehow.

acrogodess
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Quoting momofsixangels:

Not sure I could have held my anger in long enough to do this

I think quite possibly I would've ended up in jail myself for either assault or murder for even suggesting to do that with my Olivia who is 9!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)