Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Florida customer shoots suspects during Internet cafe robbery- should the customer have been armed?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

Florida customer shoots suspects during Internet cafe robbery

Authorities in central Florida say two men were trying to rob an Internet cafe when a 71-year-old patron began shooting his own gun, wounding the suspects.

Surveillance video shows two masked men entering the Palms Internet Cafe around 10 p.m. Friday. The Ocala Star-Banner reports one pointed a gun at customers while the other swung a baseball bat.

The video shows patron Samuel Williams pulling a handgun and shooting. He continues firing while the suspects fall over each other as they run out the door.

Nineteen-year-olds Duwayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins were later arrested and face attempted armed robbery with a firearm and criminal mischief charges. They were transported to Shands at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

Dawkins had a superficial wound in his left arm, but Henderson was shot in two places: his left buttock and his right hip.

Both posted bail and were released.

Williams has a concealed weapons permit. Bill Gladson of the Marion County State Attorney's Office says the shooting appears justified.

Neither of the men have a criminal record, authorities said

Both men were arrested for attempted robbery with a firearm.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/18/florida-customer-shoots-suspects-during-internet-cafe-robbery/?test=latestnews#ixzz20yp7R07j
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
iloveashton804
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for him. Those men had weapons and were attempting to rob the place and could have shot someone.

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Its nice to hear of people standing up to criminals!

gmadiane
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM

wow

janessa27
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I am glad that no one was killed but see nothing wrong with a customer protecting themselves and others.

Lachelle05
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I am very proud of that man for standing up to those two pieces of crap. I think that their should be more people just like him. If more people would get a carry permit and arm themselves then I believe the crime rate would go down. Would you rather try to rob the 24 year old body builder or the 71 year old man. Most of the time they are going to choose the one that is weaker lol BUT THE WEAKER ONE HAS A GUN!!! I am not saying that everyone needs to run out and get a gun and go looking for trouble, but I do believe that everyone should be able to protect themselves. That man also shot appropriately. He did not shoot to kill, he shot to wound. If he would have shot those men in the head then he would have been in a world of trouble.

StephanAndCoral
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I think that more individuals need to train and carry if they did then a would be trouble maker may think twice not knowing their odds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)