Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Month old with Biliary Atresia (severe liver disease)..... Need advice about a fundraiser

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am planning a beauty pageant benefit for my nephew, Levi Smith. He was diagnosed with Biliary Atresia when he was one month old. This disease kills your liver and in order to survive he must have a liver transplant. He has already had two surgeries in order to keep his liver working for as long as possible while he waits for a liver transplant. He has to take MANY medications everyday just to stay alive. He also has to have more tests run every month at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. Needless to say, the medical bills are really starting to pile up. I would like to have this pageant in hopes that it will raise some money to help Levi's parents continue giving him the care he needs in order to keep this little gift from God alive.

I need advice about where I can find sponsors to donate the supplies we need in order to have the pageant. I would also like any advice that anyone might have on how to put the pageant together, advertise, and host. ]

Thank You

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I am sorry I do not know but I think the ladies here maybe able to help you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lachelle05
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I will take all the help I can get

SisterPeach
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried make a wish? Often, the guys at reddit are pretty good at raising money, too. I have no idea on how to host a pageant. I've got enough trouble hosting small events like a baby shower.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Well around here the businesses would donate. Donation boxes would be in all of the stores and a restaurant would do a fundraiser night where all profits go to the medical bills.
But this is a small community. Praying for him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM

How about agarage sale to raise money?Or a bake sale?

gmadiane
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM

sorry I have no idea, good luck

Jaye5.0
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I can help, I did a fashion show, but it applies to a pageant. I went to small family run boutiques b/c corporations are to time consuming, but they can be helpful i will get to that. I had the boutiques provide the clothing, swimsuits, whatever we could get, the models did the runway with the clothes, whatever sold, the boutiques donated a part of the proceeds to the event b/c I exposed them to people they wouldn't of had, they could pass out business cards and  promote websites, but they had to donate a predetermined amount of each sale brought to them by the show, even if a customer bought after the event. If the customer came from my show I wanted a piece of it. So If someone wanted an item they came to me and I went to the boutique with the sale.

Local restaurants will donate.Take anything they will provide. Plasticware,napkins, some will be cheap but take it. Tell them 1 or 2 full trays of food would be appreicated, they can write it off on taxes, Salad trays are cheap you can do it yourself, save the restaurants for the entrees.

Target and Walmart have community outreach which will donate $25 thru $50 per store. I had 3 targets and 8 walmarts and Sam's clubs to donate. but it takes time, call each store and speak to the community commity. 

Hold a raffle, big money maker, go to gas stations, restaurants(not already donating food), small businesses and get gift cards or items for raffles. If items are small bundle them do not refuse anything.  Car dealerships will donate oil changes stuff like that. 

Get someone to donate time to make tickets and print them out like a graphic designer or local artist.  

Sell advertising on poster boards at the event. If a business donated, display their name at the event. If they donot what to donate an item ask them to buy and ad for $25 and up. Any questions shot me a message. Good luck I hope you raise a ton of cash.       

Jaye5.0
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Some other suggestions for raffles, Custom Frame shops, Pizza shops are always good for gift cards, Michael's or Jo Ann fabrics or other craft stores will donate flowers or cake decorating classes for raffles.  If anyone can't give it to you right away don't waste time move on. But on a whole small businesses usually like to help.

Go to  a Army Navy club or privately owned banquet halls, locally owned hotels  and ask for a discount on the room  rentals for the venue.     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)