Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Hard Day today

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

It was 5 months ago today that I lost my Mom.The pain doesnt feel any less then that day.I remember getting the call at 7:20 am from my sister saying they were doing cpr on Mom.On the way to the hospital(about 35 mins from us) I called my sisters cell phone.All I heard was the dr say brain dead and one of my sisters start crying "oh No". I lost it.I still cant believe she is gone.We got to the hospital and seeing her there  was horrible.I kept thinking she would wake up and yell got ya.I held her hand and kept rubbing her arms to  keep her warm.I kept kissing her and begging her to come back.I told her I would go instead.When they came to take her to the funeral home I told him she needed a blanket.She was too cold.Then I threw myself on her and wouldnt leave.My dh had to get me.I miss her so much.I dont know why God chose to take her.I still believe in him but I am still so angry.Life isnt the same w/o her.I know she is free from alzheimers but that doesnt help my pain.Im selfish in that way.I would rather have her here with the alzheimers.I did go through 2 boxes of her clothes from the nursing home.I hadnt been able to do that.I had my dh drop them off at a nursing home that the girls and I used to go visit the patients.Hope someone can use them.I told him to ask that if someone with alzheimers needed them to please give them to them first.I dont know why I did.I miss my Mom and never knew it would hurt this bad.I mean it doesnt get any better.

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are hurting Colleen, I hope that time will ease some of your pain, your mom was very special to you and it's going to be difficult (((HUGS))) I hope you can talk with family and if it gets too unbearable (or before it gets there) please look for grief counseling, sometimes we all need a little help.

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM
I am so sorry Colleen. Many hugs for you. I was just discussing similar things with my mom about my grandma who passed last year. I do know talking helped me infact you were one of those wonderful people that stood by my side as I went through losing my grandma. I still find my self reaching for the phone to ask her a question, or get up once in a while thinking I am running late to take care of her, I had a dream about her just the other night. It doesn't help that my neighbor is her identical twin and is having the same health issues. Many hugs honey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I am sorry- hugs

gmadiane
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I'm so sorry

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Thank-you ladies.This whole year has been a hard one.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
awwwwwww.....i am so very sorry...
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Thank-you.

elizabeth703
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Im sd 7 years agoo sorry for your loss , and i no how u feel i lost my dad 7 years ago . the pain never goes away

acrogodess
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I'm so sorry. 

Audreesmommy757
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

im sorry...hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)