Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what have you made recently?

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (21-28):
kerryket
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM

In some ways, lol.

My daughter and my son are much more than I am, but I like to play around with stuff.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
no a thing..
SisterPeach
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We are planning to repair it. That's lower than the price that they offered us, and it would have taken three weeks to a month to get it back. Between all my internet activities, I would have lost more than the four hundred dollars it took to buy a new one. Where is the $150 price coming from? I could swing that mid next month. (just bought a new laptop, school shopping, and all that this month means my budget is super tight.)

Quoting LindaClement:

Now I wish I'd know about that earlier: a new power supply for your laptop would have run about $150 installed...

Quoting SisterPeach:

I don't have access to any of my pictures right now. My old laptop crashed last week. The power cord had gotten yanked on one too many times and now it's not taking a charge. We bought a new laptop, but I still have to poke at the old one till it gets enough charge for me to do a data transfer.

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

I wanted see!

Quoting SisterPeach:

I make food look pretty. It's the only artistic bone I've got.

Quoting LindaClement:

You do food crafts?

Quoting SisterPeach:

Nope. I don't have a non food related crafty bone in my body.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM

That's how much it cost my mom... and we're in Canada where everything involving computers is more expensive.

Maybe check around a bit more? It should take less than 20 minutes to do...

Quoting SisterPeach:

We are planning to repair it. That's lower than the price that they offered us, and it would have taken three weeks to a month to get it back. Between all my internet activities, I would have lost more than the four hundred dollars it took to buy a new one. Where is the $150 price coming from? I could swing that mid next month. (just bought a new laptop, school shopping, and all that this month means my budget is super tight.)

Quoting LindaClement:

Now I wish I'd know about that earlier: a new power supply for your laptop would have run about $150 installed...

Quoting SisterPeach:

I don't have access to any of my pictures right now. My old laptop crashed last week. The power cord had gotten yanked on one too many times and now it's not taking a charge. We bought a new laptop, but I still have to poke at the old one till it gets enough charge for me to do a data transfer.

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

I wanted see!

Quoting SisterPeach:

I make food look pretty. It's the only artistic bone I've got.

Quoting LindaClement:

You do food crafts?

Quoting SisterPeach:

Nope. I don't have a non food related crafty bone in my body.

acrogodess
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I helped one of the campers make a piggy bank out of a quaker oats container, glue, constuction paper, and googly eyes and pom poms. We call it "recyclable" art.

taniamorse85
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I've been slowly working on a latch hook.  I've done quite a few in the past, but this one is my largest and most difficult so far.  You can see what it's supposed to look like when it's finished here.  It's the one titled "Labs."  It will probably take me quite a while to finish it (I'm about 1/3 of the way through) because there are about 10-15 different shades of brown and tan, and it's hard to distinguish between them.  I'm determined to finish, though, because it's just so cute, and I hate to start a project without finishing.

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM
So cute! My grandma made me a horse one when i was a baby here 32 years later it still hangs on my bedroom wall :)

Quoting taniamorse85:

I've been slowly working on a latch hook.  I've done quite a few in the past, but this one is my largest and most difficult so far.  You can see what it's supposed to look like when it's finished here.  It's the one titled "Labs."  It will probably take me quite a while to finish it (I'm about 1/3 of the way through) because there are about 10-15 different shades of brown and tan, and it's hard to distinguish between them.  I'm determined to finish, though, because it's just so cute, and I hate to start a project without finishing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Does dinner count? LOL

I really need to master my sewing machine so I can make some wonderful creations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)