Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

boy friendly baby shower ideas....cheap and easy

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

so, one of the other tmobile girlfriends that got transferred out here is about ready to pop, lol

She was really upset that she wasn't going to be showered, I saw it on facebook, and I need to throw something together for her in a couple of weeks, that are already really hectic for me with back to school stuff and getting my last kid out here.

I'm thinking a bbq, that's men friendly, so that it will be a little bit bigger (we don't know many people out here yet) and I want something that will be fun and special for her, but doesn't make the men want to shoot themselves, kwim.

I was thinking a bbq type party with some music and beer, and a baby betting pool  rather than the usual games. I'm afraid that mom will get lost in that, though, so any ideas to make it special for mom?

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
StephanAndCoral
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I will think on it and let you know if I figure out anything :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Favors:

glass bottled barbecue sauce or hot sauce. Create your own labels to go on them as a nice parting gift to your guests. They look elegant on the tables and are a fun gift to give.

Or
put together your favorite dry rub grilling mix and put in small jars as a perfect baby shower favor.

janessa27
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Set up a game area with activities such as Cornhole, Ladder Golf, Frisbee, Badminton or Bocce. This will give the guests something to do between mingling with other guests.

http://www.giftypedia.com/Barbecue_Themed_Couples_Baby_Shower

there are a few other ideas listed on this website- that you could make for her and omit the "couples" part.

janessa27
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:32 AM

This idea was posted on a forum for BBQ style baby shower:

red/white checkered tablecloth looking layer .. if tiered. lots of mini burgers & hot dogs, spatula or fork with a fondant sign saying Welcome Baby or ... ohhh wait this just popped in my head.. saying Bun in the Oven ... can't think of much else, hopefully someone else can come up with more for you.

cnlsmommy
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:36 AM
We did a split, we had guys outside with BBQ style and women/kids inside with a more traditional baby shower. Kept both sides happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SisterPeach
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a fantastic idea!

Quoting cnlsmommy:

We did a split, we had guys outside with BBQ style and women/kids inside with a more traditional baby shower. Kept both sides happy.

LindaClement
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you make it a 'pamper mom' theme for gifts? Instead of giving all the baby stuff most people take back anyhow, maybe gift cards (or personal service offers, like, bringing meals, errands or housework) for the mom? A massage or a manicure or 2 hours of maid service, or a pack of ready-made snacks...

You can do fun things with the guys, like get them to compete in a 'diaper the balloon' contest --with work gloves or oven mitts or winter gloves (or a selection of all of them) on...

A friend threw a last-minute shower once, and used plain blue ribbon and pink ribbon made into simple bows and pinned with diaper pins to the bottom edge of the table cloth as the only decoration. The ribbon was 3/4", so the bows were pretty big... you could do the same thing with smaller ribbon and safety pins, but you'd need to make many more bows and do more than just the edge, for effect... 

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM

My dd's shower was a bbq.It was nice.But loud lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)