Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Defy the stereotypes! Share your triumphs!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 0 Replies

Greetings!!

My name is Rebecca and I am graduate student in Greensboro, NC conducting a research project with the purpose of gathering the stories of women who are thriving despite their experiences with Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA). 

I am specifically interested in how women strive to (re)construct a sense of self not centered in trauma. I am looking for women willing to share their stories and what they see as helpful in survivors becoming successful. If you fit the following criteria (or know someone else who does) please forward this query or contact me.

In order to be an eligible participant in the study you must be: Female/ 18 or older/ Not actively misusing any substances/ Not in acute distress. Depending on your geographical location, interviews will be conducted either in person at a private secure setting, OR through online vidoe/chat applications (i.e. Skype) Interviews will take no more than 2 hours. There will be no charge or reimbursement for participation.

Study Title: Language and Identity (Re)formation: Women Transcending Childhood Sexual Abuse. Funded in part by a grant from the Organization for Women and Communication (ORWAC).

Thanks for your time!

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)