Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Weird day

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

I started the day out getting ready to go to my mom's to help prepare snacks for tomorrow when all the family will be at her house.  When I got to my car I saw the glove box and console open and things pulled out, I thought I locked it last night.  I'm thankful that we did not leave anything valuable in there, I'm always forgetting something. 

Then there were police crawling all over the parking lot and convenience store next door to my building, there was a robbery.  Later in the afternoon while heading to the store one more time I passed my son's former girlfriends complex and it is surrounded by police with weapons.  Seems from what I've read so far the same person robbed the store here, robbed a produce stand up the street, then holed up with weapons in this other complex.  I called my son and he went to check on the girl and her little one, he said they are fine and were evacuated to the church across the street.  What a mess.

My daughter was away on a trip, she came home today and had a lot of issues with a girl she went with and then her iTouch was stolen from the cabin they shared.  We don't have a lot of income, that was something really special to her that she took good care of, I can't afford to run out and get her another one.  Some of the chaperones searched the room, but did not go through belongings, supposedly they are bringing it up at the next meeting.  Lovely, Girl Scouts sure have changed.

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gmadiane
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

wow I am sorry to hear about all of it, times have changed

janessa27
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Wow- sounds like a very crazy day.

pregnancy week by week
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM

How crazy!!! I hope your dd gets it back!!! Hopefully things will calm down for you

StephanAndCoral
by Stephanie on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Wow very crazy day!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

The guy was finally smoked out, literally, with tear gas and no one was hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)