Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make A Difference Make A Difference

Fundraising help and schools? (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

We are raising money to help with medical expenses and travel costs to send our son across the country for special testing on his intestines and then hopefully able to raise enough for a seizure response dog. I was googling different ideas and approaches and many said to go to your local schools and they can help. Can they? I thought they only fundraised for their own clubs and school, but do they help others in the community? How would I ask them or a club of theirs for help? We live in the town that dh and I grew up in and many of our teachers are still working at our high school that we actually live next to now. I just don't know how we would go about approaching it? TIA!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momofsixangels
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You can ask.I know the girls school has raised money for outside of the school

gmadiane
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I am sorry I really have no idea

taniamorse85
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Doesn't hurt to ask!  If not the schools, go to local businesses and ask them if they'd be willing to help.

story0702
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Our school raises money for outside the school. Food donations, cancer research, spaggetti dinner for the janitor when he had cancer. It cant hurt to ask. Especially if you have a few ideas when you go to speak to them . Perhaps offering a pizza party to the class that raises the most money or brings in the most products for things like spaggetti dinners or cake walks ........well worth looking into I would think. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)