Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just wondering

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

i was wondering if anyone here knows what causes unexplained bruising? my son is getting unexplainable bruising on his legs and its a blue black color. 

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sandbuster
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Not sure, I get it too

cjsk
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Is his blood too thin? hemophilia I think its called. It makes you bruise really easy. It can be check with a simple blood test. I know its hard to take kids to the doctor with something like that, cause they'll start screaming abuse. At least around here they do.
DDDaysh
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Anemia can cause that, but of course Anemia is often just a symptom of something else. 

I get unexplained bruising when either my iron or B12 gets too low.  They don't really know why I get anemic. 

Of course, there are the more serious potential concerns, like Leukemia or other cancers, but it could just as easily be a diet defficiency or a mild infection.  I don't know your back-story, but if he simply bruises easily, the bruises might be explained by accidents he doesn't even remember.  If you're worried though, please talk to his doctor! 

briansmom123 Amy
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I would check with your dr and rule out any medical conditions, My son gets alot of bruses and it seems to come from accidents like bumps and falls that he does not think to tell us about, childern with autism etc can be uncoordinated and have many accidents that they don't communicate.  Hope that helps

henzel3
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Thank you ladies I will update after I speak to his pediatricians office in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)