Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!! Atempted Kidnapping freaking out!!

Posted by (Amy) on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

My son is 16 and he is home all day because we homeschool.  We had done our 2 hours, with much struggle but done and he wanted to go outside and play, we live in a townhouse apt with a small grassy area in the back that he is supposed to play there, he had come in and asked me if he could walk in the empty lot next door and I hestistantly said yes, we came ouside to go away and I started looking for him, he was not anywhere to be seen.  I called him a few times, nothing.   My husband said he would go to the vacant lot that has some wooded area at the back to see if he was there. no not there OMG where is he.  My husband said that he would walk down the road to see if he could see him and about then my son comes walking across the field.  We got in the car to go away and he starts to tell us that he had walked on the tracks, the traintracks, OMG and some man asked him if he could help him find his dog and then gave him some candy and a soda at some point this man held his arm , my son got scared and ran away and the man started to yell at him but he just ran  home.  We called the cops and they came pretty quckly and gave them what info my son could tell them, he did not remember much, he was unharmed and not really upset, Totally not aware of what could have happened to him.  I can not stop thinking about what could have happened.  He is allowed to only play where I can see him, in the backyard. 

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cjsk
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

So sorry!  How scary!

LadybugsMonkeys Char
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Oh my!!! I am glad everything is ok. Reading this reminds me to do a stranger danger talk with my boys. We have been camping all this month and the next two weekends are going to be busy weekends with the camp ground being totally booked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandbuster
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quoting LadybugsMonkeys:

Oh my!!! I am glad everything is ok. Reading this reminds me to do a stranger danger talk with my boys. We have been camping all this month and the next two weekends are going to be busy weekends with the camp ground being totally booked.

Been trying to do this with Aiden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)