Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to vent.

Posted by (Jessica) on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

Hi guys, I know I've been awol but things have been crazy busy.  My dad had his bone marrow transplant in may and has been sick off and on since, my mother in law is going through bankruptcy and losing her house, and then we found out my father in law (who has been a raging alcoholic since he was old enough to drink) has devoloped liver disease or cirrohsis or liver cancer and is terminal we think, we can't be sure because he's a selfish prick and won't tell us anything about himself or even talk to us.  It's rediculous really, he won't have a conversation or let us take him to dinner, or come to our house and he's only seen Nathan 2x in his life but he sends us money on each of our birthdays.  We found out he was sick when one of his friends searched us out to find out why he hadn't been to the bar lately and we started calling hospitals only to find him having surgery to drain the fluid build up from his abdomin.  I'll talk more about that later.  

So we've also been doing occupational therapy mon/weds and speech therapy on fridays through a priave therapist and then taking nate to special education preschool on tues thursdays.  Well today Nate had a series of his zoned out episodes and his therapist tracked them and told me they look like absence seizures.  We knew this was something we needed to watch out for but I thought they would be different than they appear to be.  We have an appt with his doc tomorrow to discuss what the therapist saw and her notes and I am terrified.  Could this be the reason he doesn't talk and he's so clumsy all the time?  This is sooo not fair.  I just want him to be happy and healthy.  The last few years have not been kind to us and it looks like things are just going to get worse.  screaming

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cjsk
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

*Hugs*  I know how frustrating it can be to not have any answers.  

Let us know how things go!  

cjsk
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Go ahead and scream, you'll feel better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)