Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

everything was going well until..... (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

yesterday. 

many of you know my older son has a lot of behavioral and mental issues, for those who don't he's been diagnosed with autism, adhd, ocd and mood disorders that the doctors can't quite put their fingers on.

Anyway things have always been a challenge for us, but been going along just fine with very few hiccups.

yesterday was the biggest issue we've had in a long time. ds dispaaeared for 2 hours!

we sent him to school like normal, and he called when he got to school, which is his routine.

he did not tell us that school had been delayed 2 hours and the school doesn't have a system in place to notify all parents unless they drive the kids to school, we don't have a car :(, so he walks.

well a friend took him to their house, and she had posted on facebook about the delay, and i asked her about ds, he was there, told her that he called to let us know, he never did

i asked her to send him home, it's only about a block and a half, he went to her basement instead, she sent him home again, he was outside playing in the ice, she sent him home one more time, and from then on we didn't know where  he was.

he showed up safely at school right before school was to start, and after i had gone down every road and path he could have taken, walked around the school with the principal, called the police who were driving around, and involved about 30 neighbors to help too.

he's been acting like nothing ever happened and he's completely normal.

today, i'm admitting him to the hospital psych ward for an evaluation and to see how we can keep him safe, not to be mean but he's 10, this is dangerous behavior

this is so hard for me, i hate it, i don't want him to be away from me, but in my heart i know he needs this 

i keep asking myself why, what did i do wrong that my son is so messed up and i can't keep him safe and happy myself, i feel like a failure

please keep us in your thoughts at this time, i don't know what's going to happen, or how long he'll be away, and i'm taking this way harder than he is

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cjsk
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM
hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trickychic
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM

If you can afford it maybe you can get him his own smart phone and download a tracking app on it, just in case anything like this comes up again. Of course your son wasn't worried, he knew right where he was at.

LadybugsMonkeys Char
by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM

(((HUGS)))

You are doing what is best for your son, getting help. In todays world it is scary how many dangers there are.
Two years ago we went to our towns halloween party held at the ice rink, of course my 6 year old had the most popular costume and there was like 30 kids that all looked alike. He wondered off to go play in one of the bouncy houses and I couldn't find him for a half hour. With workers, parents and police looking for him we finally find him I'm in tears hugging the life out of him and he looked and me and said "what I wasn't lost I was right here." (sorry had to share, hope it gives you a big smile mini)
They really don't realize how scary it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)