Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are your ? / issues / disorders

Posted by (Char) on May. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 353 Total Views

Do you have any questions, issues or disorders that you would like help with?

The end of the school year is coming up so that means that I will have time on my hands to really be able to spend on the computer. (4 kids schooled at home online = mom doesn't get the computer)

I plan on doing one subject or so a week. Post information and answer questions, it will be open so everyone can add information to it as well.

A few of my ideas that I want to cover is:

Meltdowns
Autism
ADHD/ADD
Anxiety
Apraxia
Dyspraxia
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I know there is more these are just the ones off the top of my head.

What topics would you like to see covered?

Since tomorrow is Apraxia Awareness Day I am going to start with it. 

by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
missmikelots
by on May. 18, 2013 at 3:57 AM

i am terrable at typing i will say this first:)...I am just joining your group...but have been on CM for  a while now...actually CONFESSIONS is my fav...not gonna lie..something about going annonymous...and that makes me a bit nervouse because i cant here....but i am at the end of my rope i dont know where to go..to turn.. i feel like i am in this box...trapped...I have twins - just turned 3 &!!both are delayed in speech,but have improved,my reason for snopping aroung here looking for some clues or some insight on my son....I have said since as of about 9 months of age ....autism....aspergers(sp)....something is not clicking...oh no no no its just the delayed speech ....everyone would tell me...even my ped. I am not looking for something to be wrong persay...I dont want my son to have a disorder by any means....but man if it means someone is going to help me,help him then dammit I could care a less about a "title" given or if he needs an IEP down the road..I WANT WHATS BEST FOR MY SON...I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO HANDLE MY SON .........AND BEST OF ALL....WANT MY HUSBAND AND I TO REGAIN CONTROL OVER OUR HOME AGAIN......OUR LITTLE 3 YEAR IS RULEING OUR HOME.

i have been doing a lot A LOT of reading on ODD,difiance disorder....yes I know my dr. says 3years fit a lot of the criteria .....but almost ALL of it ...this disorder fits my child to a T...and it upsets and terrafies me .i have an appt. to take him to his 3rd psychologist this week...but i know a little bit going into this appt. than I did with his other appointments...

I am not looking for the pscychologist to say everything that I WANT TO HEAR /but entertaining a 2 -3 year 24/7 due to the fact that they dont like "trasitions" or to be told 'NO"..though i get it...it just doesnt seem like the totally best approach for my twin boy...Time Outs...IDK????i try like nanny 911 i really do but i fail...

so now that i have rambled on and on....and cant hide from my scren name...i am here for help for major guidance.not to be judged or harped on....i do plenlty of that just by myself..beleive me.thanks for reading and sorry so long....oh and ps....i do love my children they do have great qualities....:)

LadybugsMonkeys Char
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM

((((HUGS)))) Welcome to the group!

I been there. I started thinking something was different with my oldest LEK when he was 6 months old. But couldn't get a doctor to listen to me. So I turned to family and friends. I beat myself up enough, I didn't need anyone else doing it. In 2008 I discovered Cafe Mom. And at first I was so excited, finally there was a way to connect with other moms, there had to be other moms going through this like me. I was attacked so I decided to just keep to myself. I didn't talk to anyone and I'm sure moms on here will tell you that's not good. I became really depressed, I couldn't even talk to my husband, we was fighting all the time. He wanted the boys to be normal and acted like I was inventing disorders.

In 2010-2011 I started with the idea of this group. It took me a while to create the group (then I started a group on Facebook for dads to join too) I have two son with multiple disorder and on one group could understand. There wasn't a group that I didn't feel like I was being attacked so Limited Edition Kids was born. A group for to share, get advice, vent, and not be attacked.

I took my sons to doctor after doctor and no one would listen.  I started a notebook I listed all the normal baby milestones and when my son finally reach that milestone. I kept a copy of all the surveys and papers that the doctors had me fill out. I kept copies of all the test and evaluations results that the doctors did. I included checklist and surveys that I printed off and filled out. I kept a running list of everything that I noticed. I would show this to all the doctors.

I would do research on every doctor before I would even set up an appointment. I'm sure everyone can relate.

Do you have a program like "Help Me Grow" in your area. I heard about them when my youngest LEK was around 3 years old. They did an evaluation and referred me to a wonderful doctor. My older LEK was to old for them but the did an observation of him and agreed that I was right and gave me a referral to the same wonderful doctor.

If you would like to PM me where you live, I could check out my resources and see if I can find something in your area.
(((HUGS)))

lovengrace
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM

ladybugsmonkeys, creative screen name ; ). I just joined the group and been checking out the group & am so impressed in your hand & aide in reaching out. I love hearing the beginning stories of a good cause. A lot of good resource is out because individuals take a lead to inform. And if it's not a road we make one. We grow we learn, we learn we grow. Awareness is a beautiful gift. It's definitely a hill to climb. And once knowledge is attained it helps so much in understanding a bit more to each our road that we travel. I'm grateful for this group that you have trailblazed off. I have a son and for me it's ' what's really going on'. To find a group where we all can relate, be heard, bond....that's priceless. You are  a helping hand & a researcher, in order to bring well inform info to the group. Basically i'm saying, this is a great work in which u got started. My you continue to be bless as the purpose of this reach unfolds, blessings :).

LadybugsMonkeys Char
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Lovengrace,

Thanks, growing up my nickname was ladybug, and it was also my daughter's nickname for a while. Monkeys is for my boys. I haven't been on much, between camping over the summer, back to school, appointments and therapies, plus my oldest, (she is 15) has been giving me so much trouble, she may never see the outside world after what she did yesterday.
I have been busy writing when I have a spare few minutes.

e-mail: limitededitionkids@live.com    Limited Edition Kids on CafeMom
Limited Edition Kids on Facebook       
or text only at:   567 - 698 - 9696

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)