Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What you think? 4/25

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:57 PM
  • 44 Replies
  • 612 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Nordstrom sells jeans with fake mud on them for $425; Critics let loose

Store says they show you'll 'get down and dirty'

Nordstrom has lit the internet on fire with another expensive product that many are calling ridiculous.

On its website, the department store is selling a $425 pair of jeans that is covered in fake mud.

The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans feature obvious splashes of what Nordstrom calls "caked-on muddy coating," giving the effect of being worn on a day in the dirt.

In its description for the pants, the company says they "embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action" and that, when worn, they show "you're not afraid to get down and dirty."

When he discovered the product this week, "Dirty Jobs" host Mike Rowe posted about them on his website, saying the Nordstrom jeans were proof of "our country's war on work."

"They're a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic — not iconic," Rowe wrote on Monday in a post titled, "Jeans made to look like you work hard so you don't have to."

On Fox News Tuesday, "Fox & Friends" co-hosts Brian Kilmeade and Ainsley Earhardt criticized the jeans, with Kilmeade saying "if you're going to wear muddy jeans, you should earn the mud."

Earhardt said she thinks the pants are "for the kid who inherits the millions of dollars, the kid who doesn't want to work hard and wants to go into Nordstrom, pay a lot of money and act like they work."

Nordstrom got ripped by critics in 2016 for selling average rocks wrapped in leather for $85 each. The store also recently started selling $95 "mom jeans" that have clear plastic panels on the legs to allow the wearer to show off their knees.

**We're wanting more admin for our Time Out for You group,

If interested send me a PM :)

by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie15
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Dumb, dumb DUMB!!
Rogue1985
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:02 PM

I'll be keeping my money.

captainjack
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I can put some mud on your pants if you want?  lol

Quoting jbirdsladie15: Dumb, dumb DUMB!!

captainjack
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM

lol have you ever heard of this?

Quoting Rogue1985:

Rogue1985
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I've seen it on my Facebook newsfeed today, my first thought was... "How stupid." If I want mud on my pants I'll go outside and do some yard work or gardening, it's free that way, haha!

Quoting captainjack:

lol have you ever heard of this?

Quoting Rogue1985:

rebecca_new_mom
by True Blue Friend on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Good grief!!

Quoting captainjack:

Nordstrom has lit the internet on fire with another expensive product that many are calling ridiculous.

On its website, the department store is selling a $425 pair of jeans that is covered in fake mud.

The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans feature obvious splashes of what Nordstrom calls "caked-on muddy coating," giving the effect of being worn on a day in the dirt.

In its description for the pants, the company says they "embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action" and that, when worn, they show "you're not afraid to get down and dirty."

When he discovered the product this week, "Dirty Jobs" host Mike Rowe posted about them on his website, saying the Nordstrom jeans were proof of "our country's war on work."

"They're a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic — not iconic," Rowe wrote on Monday in a post titled, "Jeans made to look like you work hard so you don't have to."

On Fox News Tuesday, "Fox & Friends" co-hosts Brian Kilmeade and Ainsley Earhardt criticized the jeans, with Kilmeade saying "if you're going to wear muddy jeans, you should earn the mud."

Earhardt said she thinks the pants are "for the kid who inherits the millions of dollars, the kid who doesn't want to work hard and wants to go into Nordstrom, pay a lot of money and act like they work."

Nordstrom got ripped by critics in 2016 for selling average rocks wrapped in leather for $85 each. The store also recently started selling $95 "mom jeans" that have clear plastic panels on the legs to allow the wearer to show off their knees.

winterwoman
by Linda on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:11 PM

Are you freaking kidding me?

SMH

captainjack
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:12 PM

lol can I put some mud on your jeans?

Quoting winterwoman:

Are you freaking kidding me?

SMH

captainjack
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:13 PM

lol would you wear mud on your jeans?

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Good grief!!

Quoting captainjack:

tortuga_beto
by on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:15 PM

LOL why?? Who is buying these?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)