Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you Ever...

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:27 PM
  • 46 Replies
  • 370 Total Views

dyed your hair, and it didn’t turn out well?

by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owensmommy32010
by Group Admin Richelle on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM

Yes, ended up going black to fix it

Quoting Owensmommy32010:

MixedCooke
by Special Friend on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah but more that it didn't come out as defined as I had hoped. I had such long hair, I needed to use 2 bottles and not just one.
Owensmommy32010
by Group Admin Richelle on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:30 PM

I've had that happen too

how did you fix it?

Quoting MixedCooke: Yeah but more that it didn't come out as defined as I had hoped. I had such long hair, I needed to use 2 bottles and not just one.

MixedCooke
by Special Friend on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Used the 2bottlss and got a shade lighter. I like the reddish purple-y type color but my hair is already dark brown so the color only really shows up a lot when my hair is dry but I style it when it's wet.

Quoting Owensmommy32010:

I've had that happen too

how did you fix it?

Quoting MixedCooke: Yeah but more that it didn't come out as defined as I had hoped. I had such long hair, I needed to use 2 bottles and not just one.

WILDCATGAL78
by Loyaled Friend on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I just dyed my hair for the first time, this summer and I was very pleased with the results.
But my aunt has..... her hair turned yellow/greenish. We got a good laugh out of it, because the more she did, the worse it got. Although she never did hair professionally, years and years ago, she did have a cosmetology license.

Malissa1578
by Greatest Friend on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Not really. Maybe it just didn't come out as dark/light as I wanted, but still looked fine :)

tsdncs41
by Group Admin on Sep. 22, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I let my old hairdresser convince me to go blonde and I didn't like it all.   I kept it for awhile to try to get used to it but I had it dyed back eventually.  

Quoting Owensmommy32010:

SpiritedWitch
by Loyaled Friend on Sep. 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Me, no but my sister tried to go from blonde back to brown and somehow it end up blue. Mom had to spend like $60 at the salon to get it fixed. I tend to stay either red, black or a combo of the two.

MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Sep. 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have. Ended up a few weeks later at the salon getting it bleached back to my natural colour. Took hours.

tamra07
by Greatest Friend on Sep. 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Since I've never fully dyed it, no. Few times I've high or low lighted or gotten streaks (pink) were great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)