Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever gotten

Posted by   + Show Post
A skin rash from soap or body wash?
by on Oct. 3, 2017 at 10:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Powermomof2
by Group Admin on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:06 AM
That's horrible! So what are you using now?

Quoting MysticLove:

Yes. I have very sensitive skin and many soaps, body washes, lotions, detergents make me break out in rashes.

-DancingQueen-
by Good Friend on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:09 AM
Yes
Powermomof2
by Group Admin on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:11 AM
Welcome to the group! :) What brand of body wash or soap do you use?

Quoting -DancingQueen-: Yes
-DancingQueen-
by Good Friend on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I just got accepted earlier tonight and I'm still brand new to cafemom in general :)

I use baby shampoo, hypoallergenic and scent free. I have very sensitive skin so I'm more likely to break out in a rash than not.

Quoting Powermomof2: Welcome to the group! :) What brand of body wash or soap do you use?

Powermomof2
by Group Admin on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:18 AM
It's great to have you here! We have a lot of great members here in this group, and they are very supportive of each other! :) It's a good idea to use hypoallergenic products, Rashes can be miserable!

Quoting -DancingQueen-: Thanks! I just got accepted earlier tonight and I'm still brand new to cafemom in general :)

I use baby shampoo, hypoallergenic and scent free. I have very sensitive skin so I'm more likely to break out in a rash than not.

Quoting Powermomof2: Welcome to the group! :) What brand of body wash or soap do you use?

-DancingQueen-
by Good Friend on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:22 AM
That's awesome! I found this group while looking at active groups but a supportive group would be great too! We've been dealing with a crap ton of stress, it's totally a "when it rains it pours" situation for us right now, so a place for venting and advice is great!

I learned the hard way that it's just safer and easier for me to use those things, because I've gotten chemical burns from some lotions before, my skin is just so sensitive.

Quoting Powermomof2: It's great to have you here! We have a lot of great members here in this group, and they are very supportive of each other! :) It's a good idea to use hypoallergenic products, Rashes can be miserable!

Quoting -DancingQueen-: Thanks! I just got accepted earlier tonight and I'm still brand new to cafemom in general :)

Powermomof2
by Group Admin on Oct. 16, 2017 at 2:27 AM
Wow! I'm sorry to hear you have been dealing with so much stress, and I hope that things will get better for you soon! You definitely will find support here, and great advice!And it's a great group for venting too, and also making friends!:) We do support each other!:)
I'm sure chemical burns are very painful, has your skin always been really sensitive?

Quoting -DancingQueen-: That's awesome! I found this group while looking at active groups but a supportive group would be great too! We've been dealing with a crap ton of stress, it's totally a "when it rains it pours" situation for us right now, so a place for venting and advice is great!

I learned the hard way that it's just safer and easier for me to use those things, because I've gotten chemical burns from some lotions before, my skin is just so sensitive.
Quoting Powermomof2: It's great to have you here! We have a lot of great members here in this group, and they are very supportive of each other! :) It's a good idea to use hypoallergenic products, Rashes can be miserable!

-DancingQueen-
by Good Friend on Oct. 16, 2017 at 3:21 AM
I hope so too, and we're working on the things we can fix, but some things are totally out of our control. But I won't bore you with all that!!

They are, they're awful and take a while to heal. I also react to most tapes and bandaids, so I can't even easily cover them, it's always gauze and a mess. Yup. I had awful reactions to diapers even in the hospital, I ended up having to stay longer because of issues from that.

Quoting Powermomof2: Wow! I'm sorry to hear you have been dealing with so much stress, and I hope that things will get better for you soon! You definitely will find support here, and great advice!And it's a great group for venting too, and also making friends!:) We do support each other!:)
I'm sure chemical burns are very painful, has your skin always been really sensitive?

Quoting -DancingQueen-: That's awesome! I found this group while looking at active groups but a supportive group would be great too! We've been dealing with a crap ton of stress, it's totally a "when it rains it pours" situation for us right now, so a place for venting and advice is great!

zboys
by Loyaled Friend on Oct. 16, 2017 at 3:22 AM

Not sure, but every now and again my skin will start itching in random places and then go away after I apply a cold pack.

WILDCATGAL78
by Loyaled Friend on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:42 AM

No, I haven't. But my little girl is pretty sensitive to some soaps and lotions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)