Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Successfully

Posted by   + Show Post

ever grown out their bangs?   I'm two weeks in and one bad hair day from taking to the scissors and cutting myself a window.   Anyone have success stories of growing out their bangs?   

by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM
Replies (31-37):
tsdncs41
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No kidding.   The aging process is a load of laughs.   This is first time in my life someone is telling me I put on the AC too low.   My hair has been getting more wavy each year.  That was fun during the humidity this summer.  A sense of humor sure does help.   lol

Quoting 3gr8tKids: LOL listen five weeks ago when I had my hair trimmed my stylist had to talk me down off the ledge. At my age I finally have my hair figured out or so you would think right? And what does it do once the Grey starts coming in, it changes in texture, it's going through a similar aging process that the rest of my body's going through. The gray hair coming in has a lot of kink and wave to it more so than the brown hair. At this point I'm letting it air dry I'm scrunching it and I'm trying to go with this bohemian wave when I don't need a blown out professional look. It's driving me crazy. You have to have a sense of humor with the aging process some days are easier than others.
Quoting tsdncs41:

I think I'm there.  lol    It keeps sticking me in my eye.  Today wasn't as bad the last few days were so we'll see.  How do you usually wear your hair?

Quoting 3gr8tKids: LOL Step away from the scissors! LOL There's an awkward and annoying stage anytime you grow your hair out.

tsdncs41
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That may not be a bad idea.   I think I may even have an old one upstairs.    Do you have bangs now or are you at one length?

Quoting 5366437: Lol When I did both times, I used headbands to keep it out of my eyes.

tsdncs41
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM

How long were your bangs when you had them?  Do you ever think about having bangs again?

Quoting K_m_c_a_bberg: When I was pregnant with my youngest my hair and bangs were amazing. I cut them before she was born and haven't had them since

by Jennifer on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:04 PM
It’s all one length

Quoting tsdncs41:

That may not be a bad idea.   I think I may even have an old one upstairs.    Do you have bangs now or are you at one length?

Quoting 5366437: Lol
When I did both times, I used headbands to keep it out of my eyes.

K_m_c_a_bberg
by Special Friend on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Not very long. I think right above my eyes. Sometimes i do think about it. They make me look too young. I already look young for 30 but with bangs I look like I'm not even over 18. I get carded for rated r movies lol

Quoting tsdncs41:

How long were your bangs when you had them?  Do you ever think about having bangs again?

Quoting K_m_c_a_bberg: When I was pregnant with my youngest my hair and bangs were amazing. I cut them before she was born and haven't had them since

SpiritedWitch
by Loyaled Friend on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:10 AM

I grow them out and cut them. Right now, they are about down to my nose. I have trained them to hang to one side and the other side is "slicked back". They are not really slicked back but that is the only way I can think to describe them. If my hair was clean, I would take a pic for you. 

nannyshari855
by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:12 AM

I don't have bangs anymore...it has been years! If I remember correctly I would clip them back with a barret or use a headband till they were long enough to stay behind my ears.

Without Faith there is no Hope, Without Hope there is no Faith

Nannyshari

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)