Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please! Undercooked hard boiled eggs!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 18644 Total Views

I cooked about 8 of them and I opened 2 and they were both slimy inside, ugh, threw those out, but don't want to waste the rest.  Should I just re-boil them?

by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM

You can recook them or you can take the shell off and microwave them until done.

Amanda52007
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 8:40 PM
I usually just keep cooking them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hubbynme2
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM

My husband likes them under-done. Yuck! I just boil the water and drop them back in to finish them off for us "saner" folks :) Dont' have a microwave, but  I know someone who exploded an egg in theirs (he used high heat for too long). It was a mess!

momof4treasures
by Member on Oct. 25, 2011 at 7:33 AM

I put my eggs in a pan, cover with cold water.  Place pan cover on.  heat till water comes to a boil.  shut off heat and let sit for 22 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.  I have never had an undercooked egg using this method.

hobbit1123
by Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Quoting momof4treasures:

I put my eggs in a pan, cover with cold water.  Place pan cover on.  heat till water comes to a boil.  shut off heat and let sit for 22 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.  I have never had an undercooked egg using this method.

I use this method as well....heard about it from Rachael Ray

WAreader
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I was surprised to find after reading many many answers to this question around the web, that no one could offer really specific instructions for this fix.  Things like, "Yes" and "No" and "They'll get rubbery" and "simmer them a while more".  I have just done some trial and error and want to share what I learned to help others in the future!  I suppose the timing would change depending on how undercooked they are, but I think this is a good model:

Put the undercooked eggs in a pot and cover with cold water.  Bring to the beginning of a rolling boil- not when the little bubbles start to come to the top, but when the larger bubbles start.  Take off the heat and cover and set a timer for three minutes.  Pour off the hot water and fill with cold.  Pour off the cold water and fill again with cold.  Let sit for two more minutes and they should be good! 

Purgatorian
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Place eggs in pot, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, cook for 11 mins. Cool for a few mins, then peel before chemical reaction in the shell makes it impossible to peel!

Alton Brown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN