Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When was the last time ...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

....that you tried a new recipe?

....that you tasted a new food or dish you'd never had before?

....that you learned a new cooking or baking technique?

Rhonda

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AdriaD
by Member on Feb. 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

1. last night

2. early in the fall - organic sugar beets

3. would making Ganach count?  I did that in December.  Other than that, perhaps make Gnocchi about a bit over a year ago.

partiesbyjan
by Member on Feb. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

1. three nights ago (normally daily but some of the current ones are my old favorites)

2. Sunday I broke down and bought Chinese.  They were these veggies with this yummy sauce.  Trying to figure out how to duplicate at home.

3. In Dec/Jan I learned to freezer cook.

partiesbyjan
by Member on Feb. 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

The new recipes daily is because I finally learned to cook and not just my old same 5-6 meals.  So for now they are all mainly new:)

incheck4real
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 5:47 AM

1. I tried a new recipe out aboout 4 nights ago.It was chicken etti, it was ok. Not the best stuff I ever ate but not the worst it will not be in our regular rotation. I also made a new recipe called a puffed pancake that I got from the prudentmom.com it was sooooooooo AWESOME !!!! WE LOVED IT !!!! It is a great blog that I highly reccomend.

2.Both the puffed pancake and the chicken etti were things that none of us had ever tried before.

3. Hmmmmm this one is hard I have been trying to lear how to make chinese at home. I am not sure if that counts or not but I have not had good results at all. I tried to makke orange chhicken and it was horrible. :(

I am normally a good cook but I just can't seem to figure this chinese food stuff out. ANY IDEAS ???

michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Chicken etti...is that the Duggars' recipe?

Chinese food: usually requires special ingredients and certain seasonings.  I'm not a fan of orange chicken, but I do have a sesame chicken recipe that matches the one our local Chinese food restaurant serves.  I may have more somewhere that I haven't posted yet.  I'll see what I can do.

Quoting incheck4real:

1. I tried a new recipe out aboout 4 nights ago.It was chicken etti, it was ok. Not the best stuff I ever ate but not the worst it will not be in our regular rotation. I also made a new recipe called a puffed pancake that I got from the prudentmom.com it was sooooooooo AWESOME !!!! WE LOVED IT !!!! It is a great blog that I highly reccomend.

2.Both the puffed pancake and the chicken etti were things that none of us had ever tried before.

3. Hmmmmm this one is hard I have been trying to lear how to make chinese at home. I am not sure if that counts or not but I have not had good results at all. I tried to makke orange chhicken and it was horrible. :(

I am normally a good cook but I just can't seem to figure this chinese food stuff out. ANY IDEAS ???

Rhonda

chrissysnow22
by Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I tried making a lima loaf yesterday. It's like the vegetarian version of meatloaf. It was yummy!

I try new things all the time.

I'm not sure what new techniques I learned recently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyJaneof3
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

It's been a long time for all three.  I guess I need to step out of the box more.  I would like to learn how to make homemade pasta.  Maybe I should try LOL!

partiesbyjan
by Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I made orange chicken and that to came out horrible.  DH and I both agreed it was bad and never tried it again.

I would love to figure out how to make vegetables they had the chinese place.  They were in a tastey sauce.  I have a stir fry DH makes that we like in place of Sweet & Sour.  We usually buy red sauce to add to it for the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)