Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need your opinion

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 147 Total Views
Im traveling a lot for work lately, which means living in a hotel for a week or more at a time. I get a decent breakfast at the hotel and dinner is usually breakfast foods at Dennys (or chipotle if I'm not too tired to drive). What I need suggestions for are lunches. I don't like to leave for lunch (I work 12 hr days and its just a waste of time to leave). I have access to a fridge and Walmart is right next to the hotel. Ive been picking up gas station (QT) sandwiches, but they are 30+ grams of fat so they aren't a good choice. I snag apples a bananas for snacks. What can you suggest for lunch. Rhonda a paleo option might help me make a lifestyle change.
TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Chef salads.  HUGE chef salads.  I know that there are also individual serving size cans of tuna and salmon, and those are pretty good on the salads for instant lunch.  Just eat salad until you can't eat any more, and make sure you get plenty of protein and healthy fat like the fatty fish, avocado, hard cheeses, even walnuts or almonds.  The protein and fats take longer to digest so you'll feel full longer.

That's what I would do.

lovemelovemenot
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I've seen Michiganmom116 have things like egg salad on cucumber slices for lunch.  How about getting one of those tuna salad packs (you mix it when you want to eat) and having that on cucumber slices?

Anniebel22
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I ended up getting in really late lat night and since there was road construction I took a different exit and found a panera bread! So I'm eatin this yummy salad right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anniebel22
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am hoping for a good healthy week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliciaOlson
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Beef jerky, nuts & dried fruit. Be careful eating at gas stations, panera & other places as their full of carbs & sugar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)