Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chicken question.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 104 Total Views
I posted in the crock pot group. Was told I could cook my roaster in the crock pot but the chicken pretty much fills the crock pot. Is that okay? Also do I cook it on high or low? I've never done chicken in a crock pot before. Oh, and does it need water/broth added to it? I have some butter, and seasonings on with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Sorry!  I was outside weeding strawberries!

It's okay that the chicken fills the crockpot.  We raise our own chickens to dress out about 6 to 7 lbs., and they barely fit in my large crock.  They cook just fine.  Cook it on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.  No need to add water or broth.  If you place it breast down, the natural juices will run down and keep the breast meat moist.

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Thank you and sorry for all the questions. This is my first time lol

Quoting michiganmom116:

It's okay that the chicken fills the crockpot.  We raise our own chickens to dress out about 6 to 7 lbs., and they barely fit in my large crock.  They cook just fine.  Cook it on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.  No need to add water or broth.  If you place it breast down, the natural juices will run down and keep the breast meat moist.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM

It's perfectly fine!  That's one of the reasons I created this group, to help others learn.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Thank you and sorry for all the questions. This is my first time lol

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)