Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Partial Paleo

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 681 Total Views

I don't see us going fully Paleo at this time but I can see us doing select meals as Paleo.  Do you think we can still reap the benefits by just eliminating things like most dairy and grains from our diet? 

I do have several cookbooks that I downloaded for free to my Kindle, Amazon frequently offers free cookbooks, and the recipes are very basic and seem fairly easy.  I know I can do Paleo breakfasts and lunches but not always dinner...

Margaret

by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM

You won't reap all of the benefits, but you'll see some improvement.  It's really not hard to switch to all whole foods, and the simpler the meal, the better. When I started my family on this way of eating, it took me 6 months to slowly phase "regular" meals out of our diet.

If you need more ideas for paleo/primal dinners, check out the weekly meal plans that I post.  I've found eating this way to be VERY freeing and full of variety, much more than when we followed the Standard American Diet.

emilyrosenj
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I personally have no problem with it, except for ice cream lol, but I can't see the rest of my family doing it. I'm going to work in some meals. With my next menu...

Quoting michiganmom116:

You won't reap all of the benefits, but you'll see some improvement.  It's really not hard to switch to all whole foods, and the simpler the meal, the better. When I started my family on this way of eating, it took me 6 months to slowly phase "regular" meals out of our diet.

If you need more ideas for paleo/primal dinners, check out the weekly meal plans that I post.  I've found eating this way to be VERY freeing and full of variety, much more than when we followed the Standard American Diet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahsmama09
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I personally have no problem with it, except for ice cream lol, but I can't see the rest of my family doing it. I'm going to work in some meals. With my next menuDiet.

See, I thought that too...but they have recipes for paleo style homemade ice cream using coconut or almond milk. They are actually even better tastign than the regular kind.

My hardest thing to give up is cheese. I just dont think I can do it, lol.

michiganmom116
by Kitchen Owner on Oct. 20, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Cheese (and other dairy) is accepted in the primal version of paleo eating.  We still eat cheese, but it's not nearly as much as we did before we switched.

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I personally have no problem with it, except for ice cream lol, but I can't see the rest of my family doing it. I'm going to work in some meals. With my next menuDiet.

See, I thought that too...but they have recipes for paleo style homemade ice cream using coconut or almond milk. They are actually even better tastign than the regular kind.

My hardest thing to give up is cheese. I just dont think I can do it, lol.

Rhonda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)