Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Yep...this is going to suck!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've been co-sleeping with my daughter for the almost 10 months of her life, and I absolutely love it! Problem is, I'm getting separation anxiety when she doesn't sleep with me...

Example 1: When she sleeps in her bed, I sit at the end of my bed and stare at her...hoping that she'll move or wake up so that I have an excuse to bring her back to bed with me.

Example 2: The other night, hubby wanted to have me to himself for the night, and since we live with my in-laws for the moment, and MIL has been dying for us to let her sleep with Leana, we decided to let her. Well, after hubby fell asleep, I sat in bed bawling my eyes out because I wanted her back. I made hubby get up at 4am to go get her so that I could sleep.

We're going to be moving into our house soon, and hubby says that when we do, he's laying down the law and Leana is going to sleep in her own room. I know she'll do ok, but it's me that I'm worried about LOL I'm unable to sleep without her...I mean I'm used to having her snuggled against my chest, with her arm on top of my side, and I hold her other hand until I fall asleep.

This is really going to suck.

by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raeann11
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I know with all mine it has been hard to put them in there crib. Right know I need to start to get Ada-Del(my 10 month oldO) into hers. I need to start with naps and keep forgeting to put her in there. I think so of it is, I am just not ready for her too. But I know it is best for her and for us.

twins0506
by Holly on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM
I laid the rule down when they were in my belly. They are NOT allowed in my bed. They are almost 3 and still sleeping in my bed. I have HIGH seperation anxiety!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM

aww that is going to suck! My son slept in the room with us sometimes in  our bed, then in the bassinet, then he moved to his room and it was awful for all of us really, I think i waited too long.  he still comes in our bed at night sometimes. I dunno you'll get used to it. she won't be so far away! Just in the other room, but I do know the feeling.

mallowcup17
by Kate on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:19 PM

dd was always in a bassinet and then her crib then now her toddler bed. but now that shes 3 she likes to "wake up" in our bed lol...i honestly dont know what you are going through but like anything as a mom it must be hard, i hope it gets better for you

annaica
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM

when i was single, i coslept with my son and it was hard to get him back into his bed at 4, 5 years old.  so if you just think you're doing you both a favor if you EVER want privacy in your bed in the future LOL

liz.1986
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)