Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

How many times before you call the cops

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

so lately our neighbors have been throwing parties alot lately and we have warned them multiple times they need to keep it down because we have kids sleeping. the latest party they had ran into OUR yard there were people cusing and screaming outside they were even going to the bathroom outside. we didnt call the cops because it calmed down after a half an hour. im trying to be a nice neighbor and give them the benefit of the doubt but im so close to calling the cops next time they start partying at 1:30 in the morning.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrumpyMama
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Anything past 11pm is breaking noise ordinances and it's ok to give the police a ring. I grew up near a frat house, my parents gave them 3 warnings, but anything past 11pm, your out of luck.

vixen42
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM

around here the noise cut off time is 10:00 pm

ScrChk23
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I would have called when they entered my yard. I think you have been more than nice to them. Check your local noise ordinance. You can call the non emergency dispatch line and ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I would anonymously call cop on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If they haven't respected your wishes by now they aren't going to. Call the cops.

irishblarney11
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:05 AM

i would have called about anything after 11pm

opal10161973
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Whoa!  In YOUR yard at 1:30 in the morning?  Totally worth calling the po-po!  They are taking advantage of your passivity.  It will only get worse, if you don't go out there and yell at them, at least.  Tell them, if they don't stop, you WILL call the police!  Usually, that will get them to tone it down.  If that doesn't work, you WILL have to call the police.  GL

Unicorn1110
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I would check with your town to find out what the noise ordnance is for your area. Make sure you tell them if you live within a town or city limit as they can be different. You might even be able to take them to a civil or town court. Post no trespassing sign's, add motion detector lights and what ever else is legal in your area.

Unicorn1110
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Also if they rent tell the landlord. He might not know what is going on. If they own (even if not) call when you find out what the time is in your area.

paigesmommy811
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Screw that call the cops if u warned them already. The kids dont need to see all that anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN