Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

whats for dinner?

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm making salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and corn... What are you ladies making?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SixPlease
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I don't know yet! I've got about an hour and a half to whip something up though before my DH gets home

.BlessedWitTwO.
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I am so tired Today,my kids are sick of pasta,rice,etc so since I will have extra $ I am treating them to a cheese pizza from a local pizza place.

waterlily89
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM
:-) my mom is the store manager to cici's pizza over here and my boys love pizza lol

Quoting .BlessedWitTwO.:

I am so tired Today,my kids are sick of pasta,rice,etc so since I will have extra $ I am treating them to a cheese pizza from a local pizza place.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SixPlease
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I ended up making cheddar and broccoli soup with garlic-cheddar biscuits (serves about 5)

Broccoli- Cheese Soup

Ingredients:

3tbs Butter

1-2 Onions chopped

1 pkg Frozen Broccoli (16oz)

29oz Chicken Broth

1tbs Chicken stock powder

1tbs Worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp dried Tarragon

1 can cheddar cheese soup (small can)

4oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1/4 cup mozzerella cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:

Heat butter in large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until onions have softened a little; stir often (no browning). Meanwhile, put broccoli in microwave for 4 minutes to begin defrosting.

While the broccoli defrosts, raise the stove heat to high and add teh chicken broth and worcestershire and tarragon. Cover teh pot and bring the pot and bring the broth to a boil. As soon as it boils, add the broccoli. Cover the pot and bring the soup back to a boil, then reduce heat to low.

Cook the soup at a simmer for 8 minutes to develp the flavor. Just before serving, stir in teh cheeses and sour cream. Simmer without boiling just until the cheese melts, then stir, and serve at once (or let stand off the heat until ready to serve).

*I added 1/2 cup of corn to the mix to change it up a little, it was very delicious

Garlic-Cheddar Biscuits

Ingredients:

Parchment paper or cooking oil spray

2 cups of instant pancake mix (such as bisquick)

1/4 cup mozzerella cheese

1/2 cup schredded sharp cheddar cheese

2/3 cup low-fat milk

1tbs minced garlic (from a jar)

1tsp garlic powder

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (if shooting for dinner in 30- start off all prep with turning your oven on. Then mix biscuits while soup is simmering for 8 minutes). Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray or line it with parchment paper.

Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Add milk and stir, adding water 1tbs at a time if too stiff to blend. Dough should still be very stiff at end of mixing. Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet by heaping tablespoonfuls to make 12 biscuits. Place a few shreds of cheddar cheese on top of each biscuit.

Bake the biscuits until they are golden brown (10-12 minutes). Serve warm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN