Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Bump had "Dropped" at 24 weeks? Possible? Dangerous?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

I've noticed in the last week, my bump has taken on a new form. A low, almost flatter form. I went from a round bump to almost looking as if I just don't know how to suck in my gut! Lol. 

Today my DH's assistant made a comment that it looks as if I've dropped, and asked if I felt weird. I said, "Yes! I have insane low pressure for about a week now. Low sharp pains. And all her kicks are very very very low, like under my tummy, hitting my bladder." 

So I Googled this when I got home and all I can find is how bad it is that my baby may have dropped. :/ 

I have an OB appt Monday, but should I make a note of it. It this bad? Should I be worried.

DD kicks constantly! She never stops, so she seems alright. But the idea of preterm labor frightens me! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ItsJustKell
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It's most likely just the way you are going to carry, and she could have moved more into your back, thus creating a smaller looking belly. My mom always told me that from 25 weeks on it felt like I was going to fall out. Babeh should be fine, but you'll be a little uncomfortable. 

Lullabylee89
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I can feel and see her kicks down low. I carried my other DD very low and started hearing "Dropped" comment about 7 months with her. But i never felt pressure or pain, so I ignored them. But i feel pain and pressure with this baby, so it got me a little worried for a second. lol. These days with every move, something hurts. lol. But as long as it's normal, I'm all for hurting. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)