Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Could My Son Be Autisitc

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

DS is 3.5 years old. He doesn't seem to understand fully everything that is said to him. His speech isn't clear. He has problems following certain directions, doesn't recognise letters or numbers but can count to 10 and say his ABC's. He hyper focuses on things and talks about them. While he is doing this, he seems to be in his own little world. He can't be redirected or change the subject can't be changed because he doesn't seem to hear when people talk to him until he stops his hyper focusing. Last month our ac stopped working due to a snake getting caught in it. He has been talking almost non stop about acs and what are in things. He also asks why over and over. If you say you don't know, he will ask you why you don't know. It gets very annoying . He rocks from side to side in his bed to go to sleep.

This is a sample of some of the things he does. Could he be autistic?

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PoehlerBear1983
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Sounds like my youngest. He is almost 6 but was diagnosed at age 4 with severe adhd and ocd. Just voice your concerns to your pediatrician. My son had alot more going on as well but everything you stated he does. Then again adhd does fall on the autism spectrum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoRana83
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Lots of the symptoms of ADHD mirror the symptoms of autism, but ADHD is not itself on the spectrum. More of this sounds normal to me than not. I would mostly be concerned about speech.
thatgirl70
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Sounds like there is a possibility, take him to get evaluated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)