Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Head Start

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

My DS turned three feb, 9th...I found a few head starts who only take three and four year old's..We wll be going (my son and I) Next week to meet up with the teachers to find one just right for my son... I'm unsure how I'm going to feel about him being in school:( He has been by my side all day every day, But he is excited!! We went and picked out a backpack..He has been telling everyone How happy he is to be going to school!! my lil man is growning up!!!!

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emmy526
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

i'm sure he will enjoy himself, and make many friends...i will say, that head start can be awfully intrusive into a family's life...home visits, nonstop meetings, so expect that much...

xoxmommy2bxox09
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM

w2hy the home vists? I can understand meeting every so offten to talk about whats going on ....

thatgirl70
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting xoxmommy2bxox09:

w2hy the home vists? I can understand meeting every so offten to talk about whats going on ....

I actually only had two home visits, but I don't know if that's dependent upon the district. Of course I was also working full-time then so doing home visits was not always convenient for me.

emmy526
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

around here they do home visits to check out the  home the child lives in...personally, i find it to be very intrusive and an invasion of privacy...its one thing to invite someone over from head start, but a mandatory home visit is going a little too far, imo.  I know of innocent families who were reported to CPS because the teacher in her opinion, thought the house was too dirty..i know this because my dh used to work there as a janitor and would see notes and things...I don't know what the policy is where you live, but if you don't feel happy with the program upon inspection of the place, don't join in.  Follow your gut. 

Quoting xoxmommy2bxox09:

kittiecat88
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Aw :') that's how I was too. My son loved head start and it was a wonderful experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Awe!  How cute!

Unicorn1110
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Sounds like fun for him. But expect more illness. Kids are just learning how to  sneeze and cough in sleeves and many mostly likely haven't learned.

emmy526
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

and this too...

Quoting Unicorn1110:

Sounds like fun for him. But expect more illness. Kids are just learning how to  sneeze and cough in sleeves and many mostly likely haven't learned.

xoxmommy2bxox09
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Thanks!

Quoting emmy526:

and this too...

Quoting Unicorn1110:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)