Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

My baby is growing up.....

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
Tomorrow my DD4 will be getting tested to see if she will be starting kindergarten or early 5's. Just seems like yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth to her. I'm so excited for her but I am scared as well because she has never been in a daycare or hardly around other kids except her one cousin and my neighbors granddaughter. And when a stranger starts talking to her she will shut down and start acting shy. I am staying positive that she will do just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Unicorn1110
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Child, your just getting started. My youngest  with autism just turned 20 and my oldest is 30 and has 4 boys-3of them step all under 10. She will most likely do better than you mommy. Good Luck.

ScrChk23
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Good luck!! My SS 5.5 just started kindergarten yesterday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom212
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

are maybe some kids in your neighbourhood going to and you could meet for playdates prior?....sure wherever she goes there will be an open house for her to see her room and teacher....good luck ..all beginnings are hard...after a while she should be fine...

cindy3511
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
The school she is gonna be attending is not around where I live. I do not like the schools here so we put her in another district. We met her teacher yesterday and plan on going to the open house for the school. I know she will be fine its just hard to see them start this. My oldest is 19 so I've gone thru it already

Quoting mollysmom212:

are maybe some kids in your neighbourhood going to and you could meet for playdates prior?....sure wherever she goes there will be an open house for her to see her room and teacher....good luck ..all beginnings are hard...after a while she should be fine...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom212
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM

i totally understand my older son is 16 and starts highschool...little one is  going to be fifth grade...iam planning to take them out for icecream as a treat at the end of the first week..celebrate the mile stone...;0)

cindy3511
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like a good idea. I will take her out for ice cream or something. We just went and got most of her school supplies along with her backpack and couple of new dresses that she picked out oh yeah and new sneakers.

Quoting mollysmom212:

i totally understand my older son is 16 and starts highschool...little one is  going to be fifth grade...iam planning to take them out for icecream as a treat at the end of the first week..celebrate the mile stone...;0)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)