Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

moms with three kids under 5

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

so dh and i have decided were going to try for baby #3 Super excited but im a nervous to ! we have two boys they are 4 and almost 1 i know its going to be a big change from two kids to 3 lol my husband is in the air force and i stay at home !  any tips on how raising 3 kids under 5 ?:)

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emmy526
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM

with a lot of patience..i had 3little ones,  aged 3, 15mos, and a newborn...in my experience, the older one was the ringleader, and was close to her 15mo old sister, so they did everything together anyway..they couldn't be bothered with a new baby.  going to the store was the hardest chore, esp when the baby started fussing.   If you keep your schedule fairly organized,  it's easier on everyone as well--the kids will  know what to expect next.  For example,  they knew that after lunch was rest time, because 'mommy' was tired.  They also knew after rest, they'd be able to get up and play, and have a snack, etc, etc..  I'd have to say the first couple months home with a new baby were the hardest and it got easier from there.  

wjsmith92377
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband has been in the air force for almost 15yrs now and we have six kids. So I know the air force life and what its like to have at least four under five at one time. The only thing I can say is to just have patience, try and keep a schedule but make sure to keep it flexable for those unknown things that pop up. Make sure you get some time for yourself and just enjoy every moment. All anyone can ever do is to try thier best and do what works for them and thier family.
ScrChk23
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I have a SS5.5, DS 5, SS22 months, and DS9 months.  :)  All boys!!

I agree with PP: Organization, shopping is probaly one of the most difficult things, the older ones will probably play together and leave the newborn alone for the most part. I include them in things like getting a diaper or watching while I giv ehim a bath.  That way they don't think I have forgotten about them.  I don't want them to build resentment towards the baby.

ScrChk23
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Plus now that the baby is older and is mobile, they all play cars together.  It's so cute!

Ashley0523
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM

well with shopping and errands i think ill be ok my family lives here so they offer to babysit for grocries and when i need to do some shopping :) My oldest is in school starting next year also so its just keeping my house organized and doing tons of laundry haha

Ashley0523
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM

we have schedule here to both my boys are home right now my oldest starts school next year so since that will be happening and having a new baby in the mix i guess it will be time for a new schedule :) thanks for your advice :)

geekmommy84
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM
My husband is in the usmc. All i can add is keep your other kids involved in EVERYTHING. So they dont feel left out. Get some type of schedule i was nervous to but when it actually happened my other two were very proud and protective of baby #3. Its got its moments but over all fun. I cant wait til we ttc #4 lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0523
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:10 AM

yeah thats what i did with my oldest son when we had our youngest i kept him involved with everything i was so worried he was going to become jelous and all but he did so good adjusting ds2 is almost a year now and their starting to play together :) oh there wont be  4th were done after our third lol

Quoting geekmommy84:

My husband is in the usmc. All i can add is keep your other kids involved in EVERYTHING. So they dont feel left out. Get some type of schedule i was nervous to but when it actually happened my other two were very proud and protective of baby #3. Its got its moments but over all fun. I cant wait til we ttc #4 lol

geekmommy84
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM

lol yeah we want a big family hehe. everything will be fine momma. you're doing great if you just keep them involved with each other like you are doing i think everything will be great even with adding to the family. There may be the normal squables but other than that i think it would go smoothly :) 

Quoting Ashley0523:

yeah thats what i did with my oldest son when we had our youngest i kept him involved with everything i was so worried he was going to become jelous and all but he did so good adjusting ds2 is almost a year now and their starting to play together :) oh there wont be  4th were done after our third lol

Quoting geekmommy84:

~Carolyn

A very Proud SAHM of 3( Boys: 1, Girls: 2) ~ USMC Wife ~ BFing Momma ~ WoW Player ~ New G.O. ~ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN