Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

My poor lil man ): I need help /:

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 12 Replies
What's wrong with DS? He will sleep 2 hours then wake up and I tried laying in his bed with him and still the same ): what am I doing wrong? He gets attention when he wants it and I pay attention when he does something. Me and dh don't fight or argue around the kids. Is it more for the Dr to figure out or am I a bad mother? /: I wish I knew something I could help but I have him laying in my bed and he is awake just not want no one but me. Please help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Sounds like he is still having separation anxieties from when he wasn't with you....get into counseling with him to help him learn that you will always be there for him.  I don't think this is something you can accomplish on your own without help.  

parisonmom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
We are in that and they want me to force him to sleep in his room. He will sleep with his sissy without any problems.

Quoting emmy526:

Sounds like he is still having separation anxieties from when he wasn't with you....get into counseling with him to help him learn that you will always be there for him.  I don't think this is something you can accomplish on your own without help.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM

so let him sleep with sissy then...if he gets a good nites rest and she doesn't care if he's there, then do what makes him feel comfy and safe. Force him to sleep  in his own room?? sounds like the couselor is off her rocker..no good counselor would ever suggest such a thing without helping mom figure out how to do it. 

Quoting parisonmom:

We are in that and they want me to force him to sleep in his room. He will sleep with his sissy without any problems.

Quoting emmy526:

parisonmom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Yes She said to force him. I bit my tongue on that one but I tried last night with sissy and apparently he walked to my room because he is in my bed, in between me and dh.

Quoting emmy526:

so let him sleep with sissy then...if he gets a good nites rest and she doesn't care if he's there, then do what makes him feel comfy and safe. Force him to sleep  in his own room?? sounds like the couselor is off her rocker..no good counselor would ever suggest such a thing without helping mom figure out how to do it. 

Quoting parisonmom:

Quoting emmy526:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:11 AM
How old is he? Monsters maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Did she say why she thinks it's best to 'force' your son to sleep in his own bed after all the tragedies the little boy has been through?   She sounds like a nut, and if i were you, i'd question her ethics, and common sense. 

Quoting parisonmom:

Yes She said to force him. I bit my tongue on that one but I tried last night with sissy and apparently he walked to my room because he is in my bed, in between me and dh.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting parisonmom:

Quoting emmy526:

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

parisonmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Idk all she said to force him and I told her I am not going to force him.

Quoting emmy526:

Did she say why she thinks it's best to 'force' your son to sleep in his own bed after all the tragedies the little boy has been through?   She sounds like a nut, and if i were you, i'd question her ethics, and common sense. 

Quoting parisonmom:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting parisonmom:

Quoting emmy526:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parisonmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting ScrChk23:

How old is he? Monsters maybe?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Good!  Another idea is to have soothing music he can listen to, to help calm him down...if there is a kiddie player he can use, that would make it more enticing for him to stay in his bed...let him know he can only listen to 'sleepy' music in his room, and maybe it will help him feel more safe...i really think his problem is he is worried about his safety, and people disappearing on him. If you keep reassuring him you're there, eventually he'll get it...it depends how much trauma he went thru while being separated from you...maybe he has bad dreams about it, and coming to you lets him know you're still there...after a time, possibly up to a couple months, he will need the reassurance you will always be there, and he could be the clingy type as well.  

Quoting parisonmom:

Idk all she said to force him and I told her I am not going to force him.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting parisonmom:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting parisonmom:

Quoting emmy526:

PEEK05
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM

how old is he?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)