Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

I am at a loss :/

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 2 Replies
Long story short my kids wasn't with me for 9 months. Some of you know what I been through and some don't. Look my posts up and you will find out.

DS is 3 and he was 2 when he went 'bye bye'. He wont stay in him bed let lone stay aseelp unless he is next to me. Dh tried to sleep with him but he would just wake up. Now its an on going scare, like if I move he screams and cries. DS wasn't like this til recently(no i don't put scary/horrors movies on sense he is in our best) if you even make a noise that sounds scary to him he screams. Well, tonight is different I moved him over and all of a sudden he looks the opposite direction and holds his arms out its just me and DS in the room. I said and a whisper voice 'N its ok, mommy is here. Mommy will protect you, you can look at me.' He didn't look, I grabbed him and laid him on my chest and kept saying that its ok and he fell back asleep(which he was basically half asleep). I'm at a loss because I can't help my DS on anything. My DD never does this only DS and DD went 'bye bye' when she was 9 months. I am trying to stay strong but I am exhausted and I don't know what or who I should turn too for help. Orbit call DS Dr they will put him on meds. But if it will help I will do so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kellyjude1
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I am so sorry for what you must be going through not sure of your whole story.  It seems to be your little one may have seperation anxiety.  He is just afraid you may leave him and I think that is why he clings onto you.  I would talk to his doctor and ask what you should do to maybe make him feel more at peace and calm.  I would think this may take some time.  Keep assuring him everything is okay and that you are right there for him.  My son had a little bit of seperation anxiety when school started last year, it took some time lots of hugs and re-assuring but eventually it paid off and he went to school...Hang in there.  

mollysmom212
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM

agree....i don`t think  there is any need  for meds ....just constant reassurance that you are there...maybe have a teddy bear or blanket that you sleep with for him to hold so when he starts waking up he smells you?..hang in there...keep on loving on him ...HUGS  to you..;0)

Quoting Kellyjude1:

I am so sorry for what you must be going through not sure of your whole story.  It seems to be your little one may have seperation anxiety.  He is just afraid you may leave him and I think that is why he clings onto you.  I would talk to his doctor and ask what you should do to maybe make him feel more at peace and calm.  I would think this may take some time.  Keep assuring him everything is okay and that you are right there for him.  My son had a little bit of seperation anxiety when school started last year, it took some time lots of hugs and re-assuring but eventually it paid off and he went to school...Hang in there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN