Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new generation of moms?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

iam fourthy and my sons are eleven and sixteen so it has been a while since i had babies...i never drink or smoke  so  i didn`t have to give up anything being pregnant ..never took a sip or any pain relief etc...breastfeed  both for almost a year ,read to them ,we did  baby and me ,listenend to classical music ...they got ``good`` educational toys ...back then i think it was considered the best one could do  and i don`t want approval or anything so this is not what this post is about ...its just that when i read posts in groups with new moms now it seems all is about all organic baby food ,few still think breastfeeding is best,cloth diapers ,omg high fructose corn syrup,hot dogs linked to leukemia,  etc (seems like a new scare every other week)...to  me it just seems like so much has changed ...not sure all is really necessary not saying its wrong and iam sure every mom does what she feels is best ...just seems sooo different /strange now...just my thoughts ..wanted to share and  hear what others think...no bashing moms comments!!!

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyof11050307
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I ignore everything on here. Everything now a days gives you cancer. My sister just had a baby almost a year ago and she freaks out if she doesnt follow what the books say. She go mad because I wasn't going to read what to expect when your expecting because I've skimmed through it before and I'm on my third baby. I dot need a book to tell me how to raise a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom212
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM
agree....mine were colicky and i had an aunt that was convinced it must be something majorly wrong and of course caused by me...lol...
Quoting mommyof11050307:

I ignore everything on here. Everything now a days gives you cancer. My sister just had a baby almost a year ago and she freaks out if she doesnt follow what the books say. She go mad because I wasn't going to read what to expect when your expecting because I've skimmed through it before and I'm on my third baby. I dot need a book to tell me how to raise a child.

mommyof11050307
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter lost her hair when she was a year and half my sister tried to convince me she had cancer. Umm no she just needed it cut and it was fine.

Quoting mollysmom212:

agree....mine were colicky and i had an aunt that was convinced it must be something majorly wrong and of course caused by me...lol...
Quoting mommyof11050307:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom212
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

i try not to ever be that mom who seems to know everything better i will always give advice starting with well this is what works for me..hate when others try to tell you how its supposed to be done...every mom needs to do what works for her and the baby...

chusui0702
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
bump

mom2alyssa_h
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I think parenting has just evolved over the past decade or so, primarily because there has been more research on child development and there is more information out there for parents to utilize when raising children.  How someone raised their children 10 years, may be different that how a brand new parent raises their children now, it's not wrong just different.  Alot has changed.  Today more women are having children later in their lives vice earlier in their 20's.  I am a month of being 37 and I have a 1 year old.  When I went through my pregnancy, the nurses flat out told me that they LOVE having older moms vice the younger ones, because overall the older mom's where more intelligent and more awareof their bodies and more conscientious of their babies and bodies. 

I can see where they are coming from....I am smarter at 35 about everything than when I was 25.  I am not going to say I agree or disagree with the nurses, it was just their opinion. But I am more capable and smarter about raising a child then I was 10 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)