Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Where do you have a 1 year old bday party?!?!

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is turning 1 on November 1st and I have no idea what to do for his birthday party!!! I obviously understand that he probably won't remember it but it's something I'll always remember.

He's too little for something like Chuckee Cheese and my little 2 bedroom apartment is way to small to host anything. I've thought about one of those party rooms in a resstaurant but then that's going to get super pricey. It'll be too cold to do anything at the park or outdoors....ANY IDEAS? PLEASE HELP ME!!

I don't even know how many other kids would come, the adults would outnumber them that's for sure. I'd be surprised if there were even 5 kids there total! What do I do? I still want it to be special...

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emmy526
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM

have a party at Mc'd's in the party room...or another favorite child friendly restaurant

MommysTimeOut5
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Yea just have it at a restaurant and it will be your special day and not his but years later you can tell him all about it. (Don't forget the smash cake and lots of pictures) ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unicorn1110
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Your son won't care. The party is for you not him. Yes, its a milestone and yes its special but if you don't have the room or the money don't sweat it. The special part is you, him, a cake and camera. Its only for a few hrs so even if your apt is small its about marking the passage of time not who is there or what he gets. If your lucky maybe a family member or friend if it is really that important.

ScrChk23
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Sometimes if you order food at a restaurant they will let you use their rooms for free.

ScrChk23
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Does your complex have a rec center or community center?  Many times you can use a room there for free or a refundable deposit.

ScrChk23
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My son will be 1 on November 15th!

b.futlz
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

we do frist bdays a chuck e cheese the older kids enjoy it and do the adults we had my nieces there and will have my dd's there next week

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

hopealways4019
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM
He aint to young chucky cheeze. My daughter turns 4 on Halloween, November 1 the circus will be in town, thats where im taking her and older brother. Sometimes it still be warm beginning of November.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)