Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Did my water just break?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
I am 37 weeks. Told last week that i have 2 weeks to induce labor myself or DD may fet too bug for me to push vaginally.
Today around 4:30 I felt a tightening feeling over my tummy. Brushed it off. Happened again at 5:30,6:05,6:35,7:05,7:35, but after that I began getting frustrated because while they had a crampy feeling to them I have no idea what I should be looking for.
About 45 minutes ago I coughed a little and noticed I peed just a little but then felt this I controllable gush that didn't stop. I said,"uh oh!" and DH and I both ran to the bathrroom. My pad was wet but didn't look like pee. I threw that away and said if see if it for it again. About 30 minutes later I got up to use the restroom again and emptied my bladder a bit. Per the medical advice we tried to see if I could feel my cervix. Upon doing that and finding it (by squatting) I felt another gush when locating my cervix and immediately noticed how wet it was. I know, TMI.

Could this be water? I read to lay down for 30 minutes and then stand. Should I go ahead and call OB? I'm not feeling Pain but I am feeling the tight feeling still but I haven't timed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
RutterMama
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Yep... You need to go to l& d now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliW29
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Sounds like your water broke!  :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)