Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Daughter is an Evil Genius. . .

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 1 Replies

My mother has gotten into a cleaning jag so she has been emptying out her attic. With so much crap up there, she decided to have a yard sale and invited all of us to bring our stuff and participate. My sisters, sister in law, brother, and I brought the kids over to play with their cousins. I set up my table and one of the things that I was selling was an old handmade rocking horse that my daddy made for me when I was little. My father died when I was four. He made many of rocking horses (and some other wooden toys and such) and I have one already so I was going to sell this one. I was asking $10 but I would go to $7 if need be. This woman came to my table and was really haughty, looking at everything and critisizing, trying to get me to lower prices. A lot of my nice collectables she was trying to work down to a dollar when they were worth a lot more and furniture she was trying to get for nothing. She saw the rocking horse and started wheedling to get the price knocked down. I told her $10 and she offered me $1. She said it wasn't worth more then that so I said she could move on then. She offered me $2 and I told her I would go to $7. She was very rude and told me that the rocking horse wasn't worth $10 and it was barely worth $2. That was when my four year old daughter cries out "My granddaddy made that and he's dead!" and she fell on the table in tears. The woman looked at me like she was shocked and then she handed me $10 and took the horse without another word. As soon as she left my daughter looked up and giggled, not a tear in her eye. I've never been more proud in my life.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
firefay
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Great actress..lol... But seriously, how cheap can someone be?! Even at a yard sale, that lady was stingy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)