Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

YAY! But do I tell him now or wait till he's home?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM
  • 2 Replies

BACK STORY:
DH and I planned to have our children be 2 years apart in age, that way they're not so close we're easily overwhelmed but not so far apart in age that they're not close to each other. Well, I would've needed to conceive approximately 2 months ago for that to work out the way we planned; we hadn't even been trying because our son's birth was very complicated (he almost died, and stress from fighting his ex in court played a part in that) and we're STILL fighting DH's ex in court. We were talking about it last week and I told him I'm sick of our family being on hold because of her and us having to jump every time she says anything. The next day he said I was right, that we needed to stop holding everything off because of her. Honestly, the reason we talked about that aspect was because we wanted to "do yoga" (our term for what goes on in the bedroom :-P ) but in the midst of us moving into a new place, we somehow lost my birth control. I gave him fair warning that I'd lost it, which is why we had this conversation (wouldn't have felt right not telling him I hadn't taken it in a couple days).

MAIN POINT:
Well.... guess what?? We officially found out tonight: I'm pregnant!!!!

Only problem is he's still at work. Last time we found out I was pregnant, I called him at work. I want to see his face this time, though. Is it wrong to wait till he gets home (which shouldn't be later than another hour)??

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I would wait.

hspear
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Lol I did. And it was worth the agony of not having told him yet to see his face this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)