Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

Looking Back at 2012

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 2 Replies

What are things that you are glad to be done with?

Thankful for?

People you will miss (personal or celebrity)?

Hope to continue in 2013?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kellyjude1
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM

July 2012 my dad passed , it was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life.  I was thankful that we were all there for him at the end when he passed.  I am thankful that I got to hold his hand and was strong enough to be there for him, thanks to God.  I was thankful that the priest was able to give him his last rites and prayers before he passed. I am thankful my dad is at peace and in no more pain, and that he is within our hearts always. In 2012 my mom had 2 strokes and my sister and I have been caring for her ever since, it has not been easy but we refuse to place her into a nursing home.  We are blessed that she is still with us. 2012 has been a hard year for me.  My son has been my biggest blessings even when you feel so down and emotional he just has a way to bring such joy and love into your heart.  He is my world !!  We are so looking forward to 2013 as we are awaiting a possible blessing of another little one through adoption !!  Looking back at 2012 I know I could not have made it without God, He gave me amazing strength to get through the most emotional time in my life.  I hope to continue my strong faith in God, I find peace in knowing through prayer He is with me whenever I need Him.  So looking forward to 2013 and the possibility of bringing another little one into our family.  

ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I'm so sorry about your dad! Congrats on the new LO!

Quoting Kellyjude1:

July 2012 my dad passed , it was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life.  I was thankful that we were all there for him at the end when he passed.  I am thankful that I got to hold his hand and was strong enough to be there for him, thanks to God.  I was thankful that the priest was able to give him his last rites and prayers before he passed. I am thankful my dad is at peace and in no more pain, and that he is within our hearts always. In 2012 my mom had 2 strokes and my sister and I have been caring for her ever since, it has not been easy but we refuse to place her into a nursing home.  We are blessed that she is still with us. 2012 has been a hard year for me.  My son has been my biggest blessings even when you feel so down and emotional he just has a way to bring such joy and love into your heart.  He is my world !!  We are so looking forward to 2013 as we are awaiting a possible blessing of another little one through adoption !!  Looking back at 2012 I know I could not have made it without God, He gave me amazing strength to get through the most emotional time in my life.  I hope to continue my strong faith in God, I find peace in knowing through prayer He is with me whenever I need Him.  So looking forward to 2013 and the possibility of bringing another little one into our family.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)