Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi I am new

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 1 Replies

My name is Nevaeh Grace Crawford (heaven backwards, my father named me) I am 41 years old; I was born and raised in Asheville NC with just my father and grandparents. My mother passed away 3 hours after giving birth. As I became a teen I wanted to be just like my father (Austin) and like my mother, (Victoria Grace) (father had spoken very highly of my mother and her life) our home had many of my mother's poems, paintings and drawing. My father had taken the 3rd room on the 1st floor of our home and surprised my mother with everything she needed to paint, write and make blankets while she was pregnant with me. How ever, I was my mother's only child. Doctors had told my mother she would not be able to have children. But with my father's true faith in Jesus, He believed that my mother would get pregnant one day. "He was right" while my parents waited for many years to have there on child, my parents gave out there home to foster children. So all together I have 7 sisters and one brother lol! God was amazing to my parents. Now, my grandfather (James) is still a preacher and as I turned 5, my father became a preacher too; both Old Southern Baptist.

I found the love of my life in 1994, (Noah Richard). He went to my church; he was just a handsome, smart, sweet young man. What I loved the most about Noah was he knew the bible like an old 80 year on man at 25 years old. Plus he was very sensitive with a big heart; he was not afraid to cry with me or someone who was in pain. Noah and I dated for a few months before he told me he had a son. His name was Moses, he was 2 years old. Moses was a doll. I fell in love with his beautiful big green eyes and that cutie pie smile.

As Noah and I spent time together over time the question of where is Moses mother had came to light, she (Jane) had left 1 year after Moses was born. Noah did not have any idea what had become of her.  So we prayed together and ask our father in heaven to watch over Jane.  On Nov 25 1996 Noah and I became Husband and Wife. The best day of my life still today;   

In Dec of 96 Jane knocked on our door looking for Noah, instead she got me. She had changed her life and wanted to be a mother again. So we let her back in Moses life, why? because every child needs there mother and no one is to judge but our father in heaven, as the bible tells us, NO one is perfect other then him his self. How ever, turns out she was a great lady and a wonderful friend. God has a funny way of putting people together I guess.  I was very thankful for the time I had with her. Jane passed away with cancer in the middle of 97. She has been greatly missed.

Noah and I are missionaries when he is not preaching. We spend most of our time in Guatemala, when not home in Chattanooga TN.

Two years ago we moved back to Asheville to take over his father's church as his father has retired due to health issues. In the mean time Noah had not been feeling well for some time, 6 months after moving home Noah and I was told he had prostate cancer. The day my heart stopped and God took my hand and kept me strong.

I lost my Noah last year to prostate cancer.

Noah and I have had a wonderful life together, yes we had our little difference, but God is our way of life and we will stand before him one day. No Noah and I are not perfect but we live each day to the best and the laws of the bible.

I haven't been the same since Noah passed away, But Moses has been wonderful. He tells me all the time, mom found a friend, a men friend. I smile and say not today dear son. Your father was the man of my dreams and there will never be another. Moses kisses my head, wipes my tears then looks me in my eyes, mom I wouldn't be who I am today if you would have gave up like this years ago. Dad would never want you alone. Be happy mom, don't just teach the word of God to other, preach the word of God back to yourself. Very wise words coming from my soon to be 20 year old.

Moses is right, so I have learned in 6 months how to use a computer and to use this cell phone my son picked out for me, all I may tell you is; this noise maker is called a G 3 note. lol   I have learned a lot in the last year and I am sure I will learn more as I go. So please be patient with me as I learn to use this site. Thank you for reading, and yes my son helped!

God Bless you and your family

The LORD is my light and my salvation; teacher

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Wow! That is a wonderful life story! Welcome to te group!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)