Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping thru the night by 12 months??

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son is a eater he gets up 2-3 times a night how can I get him to sleep thru the night? He's 9 months I would LOVE for it to be by or before his birthday...
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Don't push it.  Just feed him when he is hungry.  He will sleep through the night when he is ready.  When he starts teething and gets sick, he will be waking up frequently again.

by New Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM

hugs he will sleep through the night when he is ready..just remember it will not always be like that..srry i cant give u any real advice...

mama232011
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Ya I figured I just have a two year old and him so its exhausting
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM

hope it gets better for you and it is exhausting even with both mine sleeping throw the night they are 20 months and 6 months...but if he takes a afternoon nap make sure he wakes up  at 4  hours before bed time also if weather perminting go for a walk bout 1 hour before bed time if can

Quoting mama232011:

Ya I figured I just have a two year old and him so its exhausting

momof3superkids
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I nursed all 4 of my kids and they were all sleeping through the night by 6 months. All of my kids started eating solids when the Pediatrician gave me the ok at 3 and 4 months. I did a lot of sleep training with them too though at that point. I didn't let them scream for hours or anything just held them for a little while when I knew they were drowsy and would then go put them in their crib. Most of the time I never heard a peep out of them once in a while they would fuss a little bit but no major screaming nothing to go running to them over. It takes time start with his naps first and do what is comfortable to you. Once he can fall asleep on his own for his naps without you rocking or soothing him to sleep they start sleeping longer too. That is my own experience I was really sick with our first son and not getting sleep for what seemed like days on end after discussing things with our pediatrician I found what worked for us.

mama232011
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
He goes to sleep on his own but will still wake up 3-4 tomes a night to nurse but I guess its OK now cuz I'm potty training my first born and I take her potty every time he wakes up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)