Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Love Being A Mom I Love Being A Mom

All About Baby Challenge Day 2: Easy Crafts for Mom & Baby!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this

Whether you do finger painting or hand print art, crafting with your baby is a lot of fun! Today's challenge is have a blast doing arts and crafts with your baby. You can create keepsake art or something fun to hang on your fridge.

Paint may be messy, but it's really easy for your little ones to work with. If you have an itty bitty baby, hand and footprint crafts are great! Your baby will like the feel of paint on their skin and you will get adorable keepsake masterpieces. My daughter's butterfly feet artwork is hanging in her room. It's so much fun to compare her growing feet to the tiny butterflies on the canvas.

Hands and foot lobster                      Butterfly feet               

Hand print fish

If your baby is a little older, cutting sponges into different shapes is a really fun craft. Sponges make great stamps and are easy for little ones to hold on to! I cut the sponge in the picture below into a heart shape. It was so simple to do!

Have you done arts and crafts with your baby yet? Do you (or do you plan to) save your little one's art projects? What kind of baby keepsakes have you saved so far?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express Gift card!

Join Our All About Baby Challenge-- Sign Up Here!

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whimsyhaven
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM

i have boxes and boxes of all my kids crafts, and plan to keep on going with the new baby!

Paigesmommy78
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:22 PM
How cute
MissLoveLyfe
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I have many of my 7 year old art projects, we've done many over the years.. I haven't done any with my ten year old yet, but I'll keep those memories as well.
Nighttiger
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Great ideas. We haven't done any painting at our house and really should
Alliegracesmom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM
We did a hand print turkey pot holder for thanksgiving
MommyofSCC
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM

we do lots of fun things! And I plan on keeping as many as possible!

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM
We love finger paints!! They're so much fun to do, but only when I have another adult to keep them contained to the table. It's not fun when I'm by myself.
RyleighJane
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I did ghosts for Halloween, and want to do these butterflies so cute! I saw an organization thing on pinterest for saving kids crafts with a folder for each grade/ age.

We also like finger painting with pudding. My daughters 13 months so its edible and dont have to worry about paint going in her mouth.
SassyLeigh
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I think the hand/foot pain would be super fun! My son comes home with all kinda of cute stuff from hands/feet painting!
Terpsichore
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM

We have bath paint soap. We also have "murals" on a couple of our walls, courtesy of our 3 year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)